Author Topic: none  (Read 1159 times)

Offline df54

• Copper Member
none
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

how do i edit an existing mission ie change planes.

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
Re: none
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
Go into the mission editor and if you see a picture of a plane that is the flights. Then hit flight properties and change the plane. Or If you dont want to do this I can always do it for you.
Just a brief demonstration..I dont have much time.

<S>

bobtom

Offline wantok

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »
First, go into Windows Explorer and find your HTC/Aces High II/offmis directory, then look for the .mis file that you want to edit.

Make a copy (backup) of the .mis file and put the copy somewhere else - you might want to revert back to the original.

Now open the Offline Mission Editor, and in the editor, choose File > Open the .mis file that you want to change.

In the right panel you will see the missions (document icon).  Expand the one you want to change, then expand the route (arrow icon) you want to change.

Below all the waypoints you will see one or more small airplane icons - these are the flights.

Right-click a flight and choose "Flight Properties".  In there, next to "Unit", you have a dropdown list of plane types.

If that's all you want to change, just hit OK, File > Save and exit the Mission Editor.

Bear in mind that changing the plane type may have other effects in the mission - different performance may mean that waypoint segments take a different amount of time to cover, meaning you might see some strange effects at some points.
Madina ... AHWiki

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 07:15:58 AM »
He had time.  :aok

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
If you're changing an existing mission to use other planes in the Flight Properties be sure to change the Name of the flight as well.  Otherwise it will be impossible to distinguish between the original flight and the new flight in the mission selection list while in-game.