Author Topic: CS:North Africa Second week Planeset  (Read 1959 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: CS:North Africa Second week Planeset
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 01:21:51 AM »
I don't know much about gv's, but is the panzer/sherman matchup a good one?
Sherman Firefly should not be there.  Sub the T-34/76 as a closer match to the EW Sherman in terms of armor and firepower (a bit too fast, but it is what we have).

Alternately, enable the Tiger.  The Tiger was available to the Axis in North Africa.  The Firefly was not available to the Allies.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 03:09:07 AM »
I try ti take A13, because ti is important to you guys. I could have our boys milk run the rest of the map, but it owuldn't matter. You guys don't really defend the rest iof the map, so the victory would be a bit hollow even for someone like me.

If I could take A13 though, a base you all are actually using I can call that a true win for the first frame. That's most of why I keep sending people at A13. When we have low numbers we can just go take vehicle bases. I don't consider that moveing the front line though. The Airbases are the prizes. The only thing mots of the vehicle bases are currently contributing is extra radar coverage.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 06:02:18 AM »
When are there any people in there? I've been scanning for a fight and it's usually too few.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »
Mostly large numbers are there during the evenings CST. Through out the day it's mostly sporadic fighting. :aok

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »
When are there any people in there? I've been scanning for a fight and it's usually too few.

The unwritten rule of the AvA has been "if you play there, they will come."  AvA is my preferred arena to play in.  I always look for numbers on that server before I either go AvA, DA or LW MA. 

What I am saying is by the time you settle in pick an airfield and plane, someone else (like me) has noticed a non empty arena.  If you get in and have no opposition or they are napping or deaf, then start tearing stuff up. Bostons and Ju88s do it nicely.  Pretty soon you have 7 or 8 guys, more than enough to get into a cow chip throwing contest with, Angus!

I hope more folks show this kind of interest.  Try it out and see. :rock

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »
Wirbelwind vs m16 talk about a mismatch.
I know this is historical and all, but even have the wirble on axis and osti on allies...I know its not historical at all but it's a more even match up.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »
Wirbelwind vs m16 talk about a mismatch.

There are certain trade-offs, the outlying one is the Wirble's ~25 MPH versus the M 16's ~50 MPH. Those 25 MPH can make the difference between a successful base take and a failed base take.

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »
Just out of curiosity..when does the second week begin...today or Tuesday?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »
Sherman Firefly should not be there.  Sub the T-34/76 as a closer match to the EW Sherman in terms of armor and firepower (a bit too fast, but it is what we have).

Alternately, enable the Tiger.  The Tiger was available to the Axis in North Africa.  The Firefly was not available to the Allies.

Tigers will show week three.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
The new planeset is coming tomorrow and actually the P39 got me thinking about Venom's idea again and I think I will give it a try this week.

It seemed odd restricting a P39 to select bases, I figure its limitations that prevent it from being an overpowering ride will keep it to a rare status in itself.  So why forced it to be placed at +3 bases or greater I wondered??  So that got me thinking about all the planes and hubbub created by the SpitV base being where it was.  So I've decided to not use the rare plane idea and change to Venom's idea of placing the better planes to the rear. 

Besides it will give ya something to yell at me about.   
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
The new planeset is coming tomorrow and actually the P39 got me thinking about Venom's idea again and I think I will give it a try this week.

It seemed odd restricting a P39 to select bases, I figure its limitations that prevent it from being an overpowering ride will keep it to a rare status in itself.  So why forced it to be placed at +3 bases or greater I wondered??  So that got me thinking about all the planes and hubbub created by the SpitV base being where it was.  So I've decided to not use the rare plane idea and change to Venom's idea of placing the better planes to the rear. 

Besides it will give ya something to yell at me about.   

Oh great, hope it works out.  I think I may go with a new callsign if it doesn't.  Remeber that old football league when they had nicknames.

HeHateMe

Venom (HeHateMe)

P.S. I think refueling has to be disabled also.  Otherwise people may ferry them up and play very conservative in them and refuel.

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
You can't disable refueling.

Plus if they want to play conservative and not be suicidal that's up to them.

That's like complaining that someone in a P51 won't stop BnZing your zero.

Just because some of you are not willin gto fly an extra zone to get to the fight doesn't mean someone else isn't.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:22:14 AM by Damionte »
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 12:48:24 PM »
We were having fun fights last with 109E's, P-40's and Hurri's, and then all of a sudden I was surrounded by 4 Spitfire V's. :furious  So I flew the extra 15 minutes and brought 109F to the fight...fair is fair. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 02:02:57 PM »
For the purpose of playability, you may want to make the P38G a 1.0 plane.  I assume the Axis 110 will be a 1.0 plane.  This will give both sides an effective front-line Jabo aircraft at all bases.  We do have tanks which will change things from the early week but I don't see much of a difference in aircraft as far as the ability to drop a town and take a field.

Venom

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
Oh great, hope it works out.  I think I may go with a new callsign if it doesn't.
:lol