Author Topic: Ok got a question for the "potheads :D" or those who know about it in the US  (Read 589 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ive just had a serious debate with a friend of mine about hash vs weed. Ive understood that weed is most common in the US vs Hash. Is this true or is it just that most people and popular culture calls both weed on tv and such?

Imo good hash beats good weed, but there are so many variations and im too far from beeing an expert to know lol.

Any users and guys in law enforcement form the US will prolly atleast be able to answer my first question.

Oh an keep it civil  :)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
IFAIK Weed is more prominent than hash in the US as it is in Australia.
There are several different ways of making hash and the concentrations vary accordingly and I've smoked hash that truly sucked when compared to some of the bud that was available at the time.
I think good hash beats weed too, but nothing can compare with weed for bang for buck since you can usually get an ounce of really good weed for much less than a similar quantity of hash.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
:)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 06:43:14 AM »
Quality is more of an issue with hash imo. As you said concentrations vary alot and so much crap can be used as filling in hash that you may not find in bud.

Had any good black moroccan? It will peel your socks off and send you into orbit. Nepalese is my favorite though hehe :)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
LOL when I was "in the business" I used to make hash the Moroccan way, and yes, it is something special indeed. Pity it takes so long and so much raw product to make though. Cannot say I've had any Nepalese stuff, and since I'm no longer partaking, it's unlikely I will. :D
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ok got a question for the "potheads"
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »
Hash depends upon the region and the year it was produced.
Late '70s had some good Afghanistan/Pakistani. Then Lebanese, Nepalese had some great stuff following that.
Panama had some Good Red weed late '70s and nothing could beat the Thai Sticks during the same period. The US screwed up the Mexican herb by spraying Paraquat all over the fields. Yet the best Jamacian smoke was found on the beaches of Florida.
Then there's always home grown weed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:09:55 AM by AWMac »

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
What's the difference between the two?  I've never been placed in a situation where my mind needed either as a crutch.

BTW, I always like your posts, but that was intended as comical, right? Ive just had a serious debate with a friend of mine about hash vs weed.

You're a pretty funny dude, just making sure I didn't miss it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:08:35 AM by Rollins »
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
:rofl Rollins.
The debate of hash Vs weed is actually quite a heated one amongst connoisseurs of both.
Not everyone who smokes either lets their mind get turned to mush.  That's generally left to the deadbeat dole bludgers who have no interest in working or otherwise using their minds to start with.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
pothead
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 07:20:18 AM »
What's the difference between the two?  I've never been placed in a situation where my mind needed either as a crutch.

BTW, I always like your posts, but that was intended as comical, right? Ive just had a serious debate with a friend of mine about hash vs weed.

You're a pretty funny dude, just making sure I didn't miss it.

Not a cruch :D Its just something i do maybe 5 or 6 times a year at most :) Just like i enjoy _sipping_ a good _bottle_ of scotch a couple of times a month.  :D

Its just as easy to have a serious discussion about this as debating what politician is not corrupt :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:21:50 AM by Nilsen »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
What's the difference between the two?  I've never been placed in a situation where my mind needed either as a crutch.

Hash is a product of weed. I'm sure you can find instructions on how to make it online somewhere. People that I knew didn't use weed as a crutch, they used it recreationally in much the same way that people use alcohol in a recreational manner.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 07:44:34 AM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
:rofl Rollins.
The debate of hash Vs weed is actually quite a heated one amongst connoisseurs of both.
Not everyone who smokes either lets their mind get turned to mush.  That's generally left to the deadbeat dole bludgers who have no interest in working or otherwise using their minds to start with.

Understood. I don't catch the reference, but is a dole bludger akin to a dunnie budgie?  ;)

Not a cruch :D Its just something i do maybe 5 or 6 times a year at most :) Just like i enjoy _sipping_ a good _bottle_ of scotch a couple of times a month.  :D

Put that way I understand.  It's just that almost all of the 'connoisseurs' I've met here didn't impress me much. (read: dumb sh*ts) Maybe things are different across the pond.  I never walk away from love of country and culture here but I never discount the possibility that some places may have some good ideas, too.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Ok got a question for the "potheads :D" or those who know about it in the U
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 07:41:26 AM »
Hash is a product of weed. I'm sure you can find instructions on how to make it online somewhere. People that I knew didn't use weed as a crutch, they used it recreationally in much the same way the people use alcohol in a recreational manner.

Sure thing, Cheech!  :D

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ok
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 07:42:36 AM »
Dont get me wrong. Im still a dumb toejam, i just dont feel its fair to blame some herbs for it  :)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Ok got a question for the "potheads :D" or those who know about it in the US
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 07:48:37 AM »
LOL at the both of your comments.  Buzzed and listening to GWAR, I'm slinging stones in a glass house.  <S> sirs  Good night until next time.  :)

Some of the ridiculous crap I am on right now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXOpQxL5f0&feature=related

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Ok got a question for the "potheads :D" or those who know about it in the US
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 07:52:12 AM »
Rollins :D
A dole bludger is what we here in Oz call someone who exists solely on welfare and has no desire to do anything else.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc