Author Topic: Ranking system  (Read 154 times)

Offline Vati66

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~spitfiremk9/SturmJaegers.html
Ranking system
« on: December 30, 2000, 07:22:00 AM »
Gentlemen,

I have a bit of whine with the current ranking system used to determain who commands the fleet.   I'm currently ranked in the top 100 in figher pilots but since I drop bombs once every 6 weeks or so, i'm punished over all.  My current over all ranking is  in the mid 500's!!!   Yet, I see guys who can't fly a fighter plane to save there lives, ranked in the top 100 over all just because they can fly at 30+ k  and drop eggs.  Why is it that i'm punished for not droping eggs ..but they are not punished for being poor fighter pilots?   Just something to ponder

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Ranking system
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2000, 10:01:00 AM »
learn to jabo and score'em as attack sorties
or fly a gooney bird from time to time for a field capture (they count as buffs)

Offline Vati66

• Zinc Member
Ranking system
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2000, 10:10:00 AM »
Ok  here is what has changed since this morning.    I spent the better part of this morning flying bombers or attack missions.  I have flown 9 attack sorties   Landed 3  ditched 4   shot down  2 times.    My fighter rank moved from 94 to 217.    my bomber rank went from 500 somthing to 68  and over all rank went from 567 to 271.   I do need to remember to have the sortie scored as a Attack when I load bombs for Jabo.   But I still think that ranking is geared to much to the bomber guys.   It's just my personal whine.    

Pepino

Ranking system
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2000, 10:13:00 AM »
Fighter Rank should not entitle to command the fleet. The fleet is a powerful asset that can deliver lots of punishment. I think overall ranking should be taken into account, to say the least. Pushed to the limit, air combat ability is the least relevant quality I want for a fleet commander.

Pepe

funked

Ranking system
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2000, 12:05:00 PM »
I think it's great that the scoring system rewards pilots who are good "all-rounders".

Offline Vati66

• Zinc Member
Ranking system
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2000, 12:19:00 PM »
I'll just drop the subject now.  To prove my point I'd have to use names of pilots who are ranked in the top 100 over all   who are in the 600 or higher in fighters rankings. I don't want to offend any of these pilots. There are alot of top Ranked guys who are " all arounders" like you said, but there are many who are stricly bomber specailist.   I'm pretty much a fighter pilot who drops bombs once in a while.  I don't think Fighter pilots should be punished for being " just" fighter pilots.    Just my two cents .