Author Topic: Opening Weekend  (Read 893 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Opening Weekend
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 12:28:55 AM »
That's because geese are classified as migratory game birds (even though some Canada goose populations are not migratory). The feds set all migratory game bird seasons and bag limits and states lose federal funding if they don't follow the federal regulations.

Colorado has a non migratory Canada goose population that numbers around 250,000 iirc. The state wants a special season just to cull their numbers but the USFWS won't allow it.

trust me dude.....these effin wastes of living matter don't migrate. they're here all year round, crapping everywhere, causing traffic accidents, and generally being annoying.

i do recall years back, when i enjoyed hearing them in the fall. not so much anymore.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »

I've ummm accidentally hit a couple over the years.
I didnt go out of my way to hit em. but I didnt try real hard to avoid them

same here.  i don't stop for stupid people on foot, or bicycles. i don't stop for stupid people in other cars, or trucks. i'm sure as hell not going to stop for stupid animals.

i DO however stop for kids, as they just don't know any better.....although their parents should......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:13 AM »
yakknow,

i'm not a fisherman(seems agonizingly boring to me), and not a hunter, as i spend my spare time flying,

but to lose your vehicle over a couple undersized fish.....seems seriously extreme. top that off with what could happen to the person that "tipped" the game warden off............well........yo u know the rest.......

No sympathy from me for poachers of any kind who lose their cars, weapons and privileges.  TIP (Turn In a Poacher) lines are anonymous.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 06:29:07 AM »
but to lose your vehicle over a couple undersized fish.....seems seriously extreme. top that off with what could happen to the person that "tipped" the game warden off............well........yo u know the rest.......

I was the one that called in the offense. I watched as these Asians tried to play dumb and act like they didn't speak or understand any English when the Game Warden showed up. I watched as they got belligerent and mouthy when he started to write them a ticket. I laughed at them when the Warden not only called for back up, but then seized their fishing gear and vehicle.

If those people had simply cooperated with the Warden they probably would have gotten off with just a citation. Otoh, if they had simply followed the fishing regulations they wouldn't have had anything to worry about.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »
trust me dude.....these effin wastes of living matter don't migrate. they're here all year round, crapping everywhere, causing traffic accidents, and generally being annoying.

i do recall years back, when i enjoyed hearing them in the fall. not so much anymore.

Many Canada geese do migrate. However, many states also have resident populations that don't migrate at all. We have the same kinds of issues that Drediok talked about.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
If there was one hunt I had to pick from to go on, that would be it.  Have some things to pay off before I can head out with my father.

Well if you ever get the cahnce to go you wont regret it. Any place around Aberdeen SD is awsome. Lots of flat to small rolling plains with tons of corn and wheat fields. Perfect habitat for ring necks. One average bird is a meal by itself. Last time I hunted the limit was 3 per person per day but no females, only roosters.

Be wary of the ghost phesant too. You will see him. He'll flush on one side of the line, fly straight down the line about 15 -20 yards out and everyone will take at least 2 shoots at him, and he'll still just fly away. :O
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
SD is a pilgrimage every wingshooter should make at least once in his life.

It is an awesome pheasant paradise. The only downer is that your hunting day can be over 5 minutes after you start. You have to pace yourself or the dogs will be P.O.'ed at you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!