Author Topic: The new trinity map  (Read 1243 times)

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: The new trinity map
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 09:10:29 AM »
the big maps only work at like 9 on week days or titanic tuesday the small ones are what we need not the big ones
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 09:38:55 AM »
But you said you loved me!
(Image removed from quote.)
 :cry

I hate all things....except Doleboy. What a team we used to be.  :lol

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 11:18:11 AM »

ahem........ nobaddy made the map you're whining about...   :o

Excuse me but this is my whine!   :lol

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:43:27 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »
I DONT CARE. I pay my $15.00 and i will say my piece whenever and wherever i please, like it or not.

And make yourself look like a fool in the process. Like it or not.  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »
..... however designing a map useing a more realistic and historically acurate layout is what we need. All the effort that goes into makeing the planes and GV's as accurate as possible should be carried over to the terrains we use as well. ......

That's one of the bigest hurdles of map building.... it can only be "historically accurate" as long as its a fair map. Like it or not this is a GAME and that is the first criteria that will be looked at. The old Mindanao map is out of rotation because of that. While its fairly accurate of the real area, it is unfair to which ever team gets "stuck" with the southern part of the map. I personally love that map and couldn't care less which side of the map I'm on, of course I couldn't care less about winning the war..... fun how those two match up :)

Historically accurate maps are going to be very few and far between. So making a "fair" and "even" map is even harder to do. HTC has said its going to concentrate on the main game now that they have shelved CT for a bit. One of the things they mention working on is the terrain tiles. Maybe they have a plan, maybe they don't.

I think the biggest thing here is if you don't like a map, then don't fly it!. There is no reason to come in here and trash someones else hard work. Look at it this way... if these people didn't give of their own time to build them we would have the same 3 maps over and over again.... oh wouldn't THAT be fun !

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 03:48:22 PM »

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 06:27:25 PM »
Ive been playing this game going on 6 years or so coach dont let the time on the boards fool you. I have made a map but due to it being a North Africa style map and useing sand colored tiles it will never be used in the mains."Its To hard for pilots to fly over" says the powers that be. Even though there was a sand colored tile map in the special events arena and i didnt see planes augering all over because it was so hard to fly over. It does take time to setup a map however designing a map useing a more realistic and historically acurate layout is what we need. All the effort that goes into makeing the planes and GV's as accurate as possible should be carried over to the terrains we use as well. By the way I have plenty of grey on my head been on this planet for almost 50 years so youre critique holds no water keep tryin though you may be able to come up with a comment that will get to me until then its just not working. I know this is a waste of my time so im done with this, Its like talking to a kindergarten class NoBaddy and his cronnies will continue the criticisms of me for days to come but realize this kids, I DONT CARE. I pay my $15.00 and i will say my piece whenever and wherever i please, like it or not.

Ok "cronies", thanks for the support. However, I think this guy is feeling a bit outnumbered (I wonder why :D).

OOoookay cupcake. You can take my time on this board and not be fooled. I was an alpha tester for this game and Trinity is the 2nd player constructed map to make the MA. It wasn't intended to be "historical". <clue enclosed> Historical maps, generally, don't work well in the MA. They are, invariably, 2 sided maps...the MA requires a 3 sided map. Of the 2 historical maps to make the MA rotation, only the Baltic map is....sort of...playable. Mindinao was historically imbalanced.

BTW, don't misunderstand me. I don't really care whether you like Trinity or not. I like it, HTC likes it and plenty of others do also....my ego is safe. :D

That being said, the above quote suggests that your area of expertise should be the AvA. They have their own forum....you might wanna hang out there. They are all about the history aspects of the game...and they do it quite well. The only reason that I really bothered to comment was your "i'm gonna play wwiiol" tripe. Massively weak....and childish. BTW lil buckaroo....I'm older that you in the real world too. Feel free to "say your piece" whenever you  feel the need. But, expect to get called on it when your "piece" is dumb. Have a nice day. :)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »
Ive been playing this game going on 6 years or so coach dont let the time on the boards fool you. I have made a map but due to it being a North Africa style map and useing sand colored tiles it will never be used in the mains."Its To hard for pilots to fly over" says the powers that be. Even though there was a sand colored tile map in the special events arena and i didnt see planes augering all over because it was so hard to fly over. It does take time to setup a map however designing a map useing a more realistic and historically acurate layout is what we need. All the effort that goes into makeing the planes and GV's as accurate as possible should be carried over to the terrains we use as well. By the way I have plenty of grey on my head been on this planet for almost 50 years so youre critique holds no water keep tryin though you may be able to come up with a comment that will get to me until then its just not working. I know this is a waste of my time so im done with this, Its like talking to a kindergarten class NoBaddy and his cronnies will continue the criticisms of me for days to come but realize this kids, I DONT CARE. I pay my $15.00 and i will say my piece whenever and wherever i please, like it or not.

Tell ya what cowboy.... if you've been here that amount of time...then post your origional cpid.  Why did you change your persona?  Inquiring minds want to know!
Ones with respect usually hold to the account..and don't change......fyi.

I'll make a deal with ya.

Take your 15 bucks and shove it where the sun don't shine.  If HTC misses it.  I will be MORE than happy to cover it if you promise to leave and never show (whatever persona de jour) again.

Deal????

Coach

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
BTW, don't misunderstand me. I don't really care whether you like Trinity or not. I like it, HTC likes it and plenty of others do also....my ego is safe. :D

Good thing, because it really sucks!  :D Things get old, and when they get old (like playing during every single Titanic Tuesday and the days before and after) I won't be alone.  :O

Oh, and btw, Coach, ur just a salamander... LOL

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »

Oh, and btw, Coach, ur just a woot... LOL

Stand in line.  I get that all the time  :D

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
Oh, and btw, Coach, ur just a woot... LOL

Actually, he is a known "toot". But, thas' mostly when he has the beans with his BBQ.  :D

NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
NB my new nick name for the Skippers is SmokeStack  :cool:

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
Im not going anywhere coach and i wouldnt be threatening anyone if i were you not a good or safe thing to do. I dont feel outnumbered im perfectly content in my own skin and all the threats and attempts to drive me away are useless. But nice try anyway's.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
Im not going anywhere coach and i wouldnt be threatening anyone if i were you not a good or safe thing to do. I dont feel outnumbered im perfectly content in my own skin and all the threats and attempts to drive me away are useless. But nice try anyway's.

It seems your paranoid slip is showing. :)

No one has threatened you. In point of fact, your statement, "...not a good or safe thing to do." is the closest thing I have seen to a threat in this thread (discounting your threat to leave AH...of course :)). No one has attempted to drive you away, either. YOU are the one that made the statement about leaving the game. In point of fact, I really do want you to be happy and have fun. Heck, I want EVERYONE to be happy and have fun. :) The fact that you chose not to is sad. Here is a clue...if the terrain that is up makes that big of a difference to you....the terrain might not be the problem. :)

BTW, after perusing your squad manual. I refer you to rule #4 in the Squad Ops Policies.

Take care and have fun. :)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:08:24 PM by NoBaddy »
NoBaddy (NB)