Author Topic: {{Waving Hand from back of room}} Skuzzy!!!  (Read 1323 times)

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
Re: {{Waving Hand from back of room}} Skuzzy!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
Alright Skuzzy.  Maybe I should call you and you can help me get you what you need to help me fix this then?

I'll call tomorrow.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
I just wonder if SP3 is compatible with the Apple computers.  Did you install SP3 or did it come with your XP installation?

I assume you have tried running the game in "Windows 98/ME" compatibility mode as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »
Hi Skuzzy,

I've tried it with and without SP3.  Interesting thing though is that there was an update to Boot Camp drivers released in Apr.  I just installed it.

Yes, I've tried running it in Windows 98/ME mode too.

I'll let you know if the updated drivers help.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »
Just to tap in.  (using for time frame) After the last update, lockups started to occur at long intervals and slowly progressed to the point of about every other flight if I'm lucky.  Started to beleive that I was overloading the main board by using video, sound and net resources off of it.  Never had a prob before, but started removing some of these resources and added a better vid card, separate sound card, separate net card. After each one installed, it helped for about 4 flights then back to every other flight.  Had reinstalled the game numerous times, OS numerous times and made sure of all updates for each item and chip.  Last shot I have before beliving the MoBo is about ready to go, is changing the RAM as maybe one or the other bank is going bad and causing the lockup problem.

A few others that haven't posted here are having the sme problem as being described in this post.  They could all be separate issues, I don't know..... but will keep watching and after the RAM gets here and installed, if that doesn't take care of it (have tried all posted items mentioned also), I'll send in to ya the data for a final look before I consider upgrading the MoBo.
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 06:22:44 AM »
The 7300 is a low end video card.  I thought we had already covered that.  Things like the "Maximum Texture Size" should be 256 and no advanced video card features should be enabled.

The latest NVidia drivers are also problmatic.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com