Author Topic: Why...  (Read 2819 times)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Why...
« on: August 31, 2008, 11:45:53 PM »
are the Jokers Jokers hated so much? watd we ver do to any of you...no reason for this post other than curiosity to know why some people hate us, and maybe me to understand you many people a lil better.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Why...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:00:03 AM »
are the Jokers Jokers hated so much? watd we ver do to any of you...no reason for this post other than curiosity to know why some people hate us, and maybe me to understand you many people a lil better.

i would venture a guess that someone in your squad managed to piss off someone...delibretly or not.......and that single person went around making enough noise, and it snowballed. top that off with the fact that your squad probably is pretty good at what you guys do.........and people will decide to not like yas, rather than just give ya a salute and continue fighting.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 12:02:05 AM »
i would venture a guess that someone in your squad managed to piss off someone...delibretly or not.......and that single person went around making enough noise, and it snowballed. top that off with the fact that your squad probably is pretty good at what you guys do.........and people will decide to not like yas, rather than just give ya a salute and continue fighting.

<<S>>
least your honest, ty CAP for your honesty.  :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 12:27:58 AM »
if your foundations aren't solid it makes a bad wall.    ;)

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 12:32:45 AM »
cuz they make it fun for the people in green and make it not fun for the people in red. Joker is a good guy as well as the rest of the Jokers and I guarantee that if they wore the rook or nit colors, those shunning them now would be in those missions or follow behind.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 12:47:49 AM »

For similar reasons other squadrons were/are, such as Birds of Pork, LCA, Freebirds, etc. Because, often instead of using their mammoth numbers to create fun situations, they use it to squish fun like a bug under a steel toed boot in various ways..

Also, a lot of Joker's Vulchers were formerly 418th Hornets, which for those who are not up on AH history, was the Squadron of Voss, the arch enemy of the community, kind of like Lex Luther except with an F16 and a scorpion bite. It's not entirely fair to associate Joker's Vulchers with Voss, but for those who lived thru that ugly period, it's hard to forget and not think of Joker's Vulchers as "Voss' Boyz Phase II". The fact that they fly the same and behave the same isn't helping either...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:57:48 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 01:15:45 AM »
behave the same way?..I dont recall them ever getting mouthy or thumpin their chests after a base take.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 01:17:12 AM »
but then again, I dont know how the 'voss" boys behaved

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »

I think you give the squad too much credit :)

In my experience, squads come and go.  Any of the vets around here can list a bunch of squads who thought they were more then just a bunch of guys sitting at computers pretending to be cartoon fighter pilots.  They start to think their $I%& don't stink, and that they matter or they're the 'bestest'.    That or they think they're on to something new that no one else has done, and the cartoon ego's start taking in their own press releases and believe their own hype.

We're all just a bunch of dweebs and the sooner we all realize it the better off we are.  You guy's will get there too and then what anyone else thinks won't really matter much and you won't take yourself nearly as seriously :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 03:07:23 AM »
Also, a lot of Joker's Vulchers were formerly 418th Hornets, which for those who are not up on AH history, was the Squadron of Voss, the arch enemy of the community, kind of like Lex Luther except with an F16 and a scorpion bite. It's not entirely fair to associate Joker's Vulchers with Voss, but for those who lived thru that ugly period, it's hard to forget and not think of Joker's Vulchers as "Voss' Boyz Phase II". The fact that they fly the same and behave the same isn't helping either...

418 were not the squadron of Voss, we had Metatron.  I don't think anyone in 418 actually appreciated what Voss had done or really knew who Voss was when it came out that Voss was Metatron, hence the defence of squaddie at first, which is natural, and then subsequent silence. 418 were/are the finest individuals i have flown with in this game and shouldn't be painted like ^that. <S>
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 04:00:27 AM »
People Hate ButtMuppets on the regular.

and we love it.  :D
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 06:57:18 AM »
Furbal= teh VOSS  :O :O :noid :noid
See Rule #4

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »

Fair enough question so from my perspective I'll answere.  Feel free to draw my opinion to the whole of your squad being as you asked the question. 

The good part first so the ego is assaged.  The squad is fairly organised and can muster numbers for a mission.  They can put up a good show from time to time.  The squad is a base taking squad not just a furballer rinse and repeat squad.  Some of the Jokers Jokers are fair to decent sticks. <not to be confused with cherry picking runners>  Some are average and others...well!

Now to the point that interests you.  It's not unknown for this squad to recruit from the  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesspit  of aces high.  This shows either a poor lack of judgement or total disregard to squad members as a whole for the sake of what? .... squad over all score?  Think about it.....why would a squad even contemplate recruiting players of a dubious charactor?  It's not your ego getting bolstered is it.

Game play can be a little eastern block.  Throw everything in even if their unarmed <skilless> and rinse and repeat.  A what ever it takes attitude.  Granted... not every mission is like that but when it is one can only assume someone is cracking the wipe for these suiciders.

Now the main point  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morality or lack of.  This is the single most destructive force for your squads err... calibre.  Is it through poor judgement or immature reasoning I'm not sure.  It could be one in the same but it's not big, it's not clever.  I'm talking about spying and your squads keenness to use the information and act upon it.  A poor lack of judgement that bleaches everyone of you.  Like I told young ZooZoo.... watch who you rub shoulders with because the smell won't wash of.

You doth protest?  Come on man!  Next time the call goes out "NOE inb to xyz"  or our "captured CV is parked at blah blah"....do yourself a favour and ask how they know.  Also ask yourself Uberslet how many enemy missions your squad personally has busted these last few months.  Is it a higher percentage than the Bishopes as a whole?  This game ain't rocket science.  Double accounts, side switching tell tale rat squeakers and private messages.  If every squad used these underhanded methods the game would go to S^%t.

As a <blows trumpet> prominent player I get PM'ed about 10 times a year by side switcher spies.  You know what I do?  I PM them back telling them not to do that again and if they do I'll put their name out there and tell a friendly Bishop who's spying on them.  What do I do with the information.......absolutely NOTHING....... it's called FAIR PLAY

To summarise Uberslet some squads or individuals should be  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ashamed  of their actions.  Your wondering why your being tared with the same brush?  Birds of a feather flock together mate.  Combine underhanded game play, immaturity, dubious squad charactors, poor leadership morality and what do you have ?  Take ya rose tinted glasses of for a moment and ask yourself....What impacts you personally here in Aces high and will it wash off?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:14:10 AM »
How can anyone play 383 hours in one month.  Thats 16 full days of AH in 31 days. 

Some Asians have died logging those sorts of hours.  He really needs help  :uhoh.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:16:22 AM »
See Rule #4