Author Topic: Troops  (Read 377 times)

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
Troops
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
I saw that it take two troops to take a base.

:salute

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
Re: Troops
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:44:52 PM »
Did you just figure that out? :)

Actually I guess you guys did, as you've cleaned out most of the V-Bases.
Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:49:18 PM »
Only because a certain squad came in at 1 am est and took all of them except 111.

edit: I got there when 116 and 117 were still yours, two people were on your side contrary to my 3.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:29:55 PM by choppit »

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:40:30 PM »
Don't exaggerate Choppit.

We made that push on the v-bases prior to 7PM EST. We made one last push for A9 between 7-9PM EST. If you came on at 1:AM and the bases had not been taken back, that's not completely our fault.

Besides I wasn't commenting on the fact that you all had run the V-bases. Just surprised that you had just now noticed it. We made comment on it in the middle of the week. Someone came on and told us it had been addressed, but it hasn't been. Still just takes a couple troops to take a base.

Not entirely a bad thing. If it took 10 to take a base, there would have been very little movement along the v-bases. Then we REALLY wouldn't have had anything to fight over this week.
Drackson

Offline choppit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »
Don't exaggerate Choppit.

We made that push on the bases prior to 7PM EST. We made one last push for A9 between 7-9PM EST. If you came on at 1:AM and the bases had not been taken back, that's not completely our fault.

Besides I wasn't commenting on the fact that you all had run the Bases. Just surprised that you had just now noticed it. We made comment on it in the middle of the week. Someone came on and told us it had been addressed, but it hasn't been. Still just takes a couple troops to take a base.

Not entirely a bad thing. If it took 10 to take a base, there would have been very little movement along the bases. Then we REALLY wouldn't have had anything to fight over this week.

First off, I apologize for accusing your side of taking those bases that late, the bases taken at that time were 93 94 not 111-117, although i still slightly recall the same people involved in a push deeper into that territory. Also the problems with the number of troops were that it took only one to capture the bases. That is why I started this thread. Also how would 10 troops hinder the advance through the V bases, all of the vehicles that i was told were used all could carry 10 troops, I was the one to realize that it required only two troops contrary to the new MOTD.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:01:13 PM »
I will have a staffer look into this, thanks for pointing it out. <S> 

Suppose to be 10.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »
It's about speed Choppit.

One transport, and one fighter working together can take 5 vehicle bases in just one trip as long as no one comes up to defend them.
Drackson