Author Topic: Scriamges and More Scriamges  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Scriamges and More Scriamges
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 12:39:52 PM »
We have:

Sunday 14th September Precision vs The Few.

I hope this is going to be the first of many :pray
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »
we're dead meat..  :frown:

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 04:28:52 AM »
Her are the Scrimmage Rules edited for Clarity

Rule 1 / Altitude is 10 thousand feet maximum throughout the event . Rule 2 / The first merge is a cold merge but after that beware. This is supposed to be a dogfight but we dont want to start argueing about angles so if your Hoed its your own fault after the first merge.
Rule 3 / Start with an equal No. of pilots each side with one life per frame. (Once the issue is decided/clear see additional rule b)
Rule 4 / There are 3 Frames maximum:

Frame 1: Rules above apply you all fly whatever you like as long as its not perked in the game. The winning side is the one left flying at the end of each of 3 legs. This is a best of 3 legs to decide the frame.

Frame 2: The "Challenged" (usually our opponents as we issued the challenge) get to choose the plane (we all fly the same) that everyone flies eg Hurri 1 (individuals can decide on the loadout) for the first of 3 legs. We choose in the second Leg (Leg 2) and they in leg 3. Again this is the best of 3 legs.

IF at the end of Frame 2 the Score is one frame each we repeat Frame 1 as the decider.

Additional Rules;

a) The side with most players may initially rotate players so everyone has a go.
b) If it is obvious early on who is the stronger side we can fly for example 10 against five if we have 10 and they only have 5 and they are stronger or if we are stronger lend them some of ours for a good fight.
c) Have fun, dont take it too seriously and no whingeing.
d) If you are extending for more than 2 minutes you are running away which isnt allowed. If a Leg gets too boring we will call it a draw and re run it.

So in Summary up to 3 Frames of up to 3 legs each. Each leg is decided by which side is left flying. If you understand the minimum no. of legs to win the scrimmage is 4 youve got it. If you havent got it read it again  :cool:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 04:32:54 AM »
we're dead meat..  :frown:

If they do tear us to pieces which is possible we can at least horde them once the issue has been decided (see rule b) the contest effectively already decided. If we still cant beat them when we are like 10-5 :o :o :o 
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 02:42:43 AM »
Apologies for my Early absence as  I was getting the g/f ack chronic.    I didn't think it would take as long as it did reading the rules. 

Anyway the concept is great and I know all of us had a fun time.    If we had our "A" team together I would have agreed to the 6 vs 12 round but we still had some of our newer guys in there (not that it showed much  :P)

A few tweaks in the rules and I think we can have a superb event for all squadrons in AH if either the CM staff or HTC staff wanted to get someone to host these squad duels every weekend in a more official way.

:salute  Precision  (+)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 05:58:33 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyable way to spend an hour or two - tho having a couple of 40mm's shoved into your tail opens your eyes a bit..... :D

<S> (+) for a fun way to spend an evening,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 06:01:12 AM »
Yes it was fun  :aok

And when Bruv left, we had numbers and Alt, we could actually win   :D

<S> The Few  :salute

The Few GFC

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:08 AM »
So whos next eh  ;) :furious :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »
Yes it was fun  :aok

And when Bruv left, we had numbers and Alt, we could actually win   :D

<S> The Few  :salute

not what i heard lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 06:18:54 AM »
not what i heard lol

Iam sure when we ganged you in the Spit 9 round we won that one anyway. I know it wasnt a fare fight by then but at least let us have that one :lol :lol
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 06:19:03 AM »
not what i heard lol

We only had alt advantage 1 time  :cool: (in mossies)

But otherwise i think the score after the first 2 or 3 rounds was, The Few: 19  (+)Precision 1   :O
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:21:40 AM by klingan »

The Few GFC

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
Yep, you definitely won the Mossie round - we thought it'd be fun to fly down the canyon, see if we could get any of ya to auger.... :D - obviously that didnt quite work out the way we planned...lol......I was in stitches when I could see all of you above us on the edge of the canyon (we should have upped 262's...that would have been funnier)

Good fun tho guys, <S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 06:32:46 AM »
Good fun tho guys, <S>

Wurzel

And that's exactly what it is all about  :salute

The Few GFC

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »
We only had alt advantage 1 time  :cool: (in mossies)

But otherwise i think the score after the first 2 or 3 rounds was, The Few: 19  (+)Precision 1   :O

:rofl :rofl :lol

We thought this was quite likely but now we will go away, lick our wounds and challenge you again in the not too distant future with a stronger Precision (+).

If anyone else out there thinks "The Few" are a pushover I advise you to issue a challenge and see :O
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
And that's exactly what it is all about  :salute

Nej fifan. It's all about making the other guy cry, not have fun!! only egomaniacs play to have fun!!!!!!!! in fact, i had to take a break from ah cause i was having too much fun and not making other people cry.