Author Topic: The Media and Sarah Palin  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: The Media and Sarah Palin
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 05:19:19 PM »
*edited the color of my replies

Good work Mom.  :aok
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »
This 'holier than thou' attitude is stupid. If Obama's daughters were a bit older and one of them was - gasp - pregnant out of wedlock - they would have been all over it like a rash. Each side is as bad as each other.

Really?  There's a good chance that the daughter would not want to be punished for her mistake and would have had an abortion (secretly).

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
Really?  There's a good chance that the daughter would not want to be punished for her mistake and would have had an abortion (secretly).

You're dodging the issue. If Obama had a five month pregnant 17 year old unmarried daughter, the Republicans would have torn him - and her - apart over it. They would have behaved with no more morals than the Dems have over Palin's daughter.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »
It's amazing that you can criticize Obama's family on a decision they did not even make.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »
You're dodging the issue. If Obama had a five month pregnant 17 year old unmarried daughter, the Republicans would have torn him - and her - apart over it. They would have behaved with no more morals than the Dems have over Palin's daughter.

Until this election presidential candidates kids for the most part have been left out of the media, and rightfully so.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
It's amazing that you can criticize Obama's family on a decision they did not even make.

I think he is basing that on Obama's statement about how if his daughters make a mistake he doesn't want them punished with a baby.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »
Never saw the "rightwing" attack Obama about one of his daughters....

Yea know what... you can blame Palin and her daughter for that.. Number one.. it was Palin's daughter who didn't practice what her mom preaches. Number 2.. Palin knew damn well that her teenage daughter was pregnant and she knew damn well the media would rip her apart for it. Palin knowingly threw her own daughter under the bus to further her own political career.

He she was that worried about her own daughter she wouldn't have accepted the job. When she accepted the job she put her own daughter in the spot light.

Oh and as I posted before John McCain openly attacked Chelsea Clinton while she was a still a minor, ironically I think she was also 17 at the time. So don't give that crap about the right wing being above this because they would be eating Obama alive if it were reversed.

Same thing the Right wing openly attacked John Kerry's military record then whine and cry if McCain's is attacked.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:25:15 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
Palin knowingly threw her own daughter under the bus to further her own political career.

Oh please!

When she accepted the job she put her own daughter in the spot light.

The press put her daughter in the spotlight. The press (and you) have made a mountain out of nothing.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2008, 07:27:03 PM »
Oh please!

The press put her daughter in the spotlight. The press (and you) have made a mountain out of nothing.

No Palin put her daughter in the spot light by accepting the nomination.. No one would haven even heard that girls name if her mom wasn't running for vice president. She knew going in her family would be in the spotlight. Every president's family is in the spot light.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »
Until this election presidential candidates kids for the most part have been left out of the media, and rightfully so.

BS...

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.
"strafing"

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »
BS...

presidential candidates kids for the most part

BS

1998 was not a presidential election campaign year, and "for the most part" does not mean always
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
BS...

I haven't seen much to prove or disprove that... either way.

Is Janet willing to submit to a paternity test?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »
lol you miss all the right wing conservative attacks on Obama? It's pretty much the same thing just Palin is the target now..

Alas, the 'right wing' is only a radio and internet community, on the OTHER hand, the 'LEFT WING' is comprised of the New York Times (4 hit pieces on front page)...NBC, CBS, ABC.... I can see how one might think they were equal
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »
Yea know what... you can blame Palin and her daughter for that.. Number one.. it was Palin's daughter who didn't practice what her mom preaches. Number 2.. Palin knew damn well that her teenage daughter was pregnant and she knew damn well the media would rip her apart for it. Palin knowingly threw her own daughter under the bus to further her own political career.

He she was that worried about her own daughter she wouldn't have accepted the job. When she accepted the job she put her own daughter in the spot light.

Oh and as I posted before John McCain openly attacked Chelsea Clinton while she was a still a minor, ironically I think she was also 17 at the time. So don't give that crap about the right wing being above this because they would be eating Obama alive if it were reversed.

Same thing the Right wing openly attacked John Kerry's military record then whine and cry if McCain's is attacked.

Man you are one goofy dude....

Palin didnt throw her daughter under the bus...your thinking that she did is no more than an excuse to excuse pure liberal media slamming not only in mainstream media but all over the blogs and internet.

McCain did say that....hmmm...let me see...is calling someone ugly as bad as slamming a 17 year old for being preggers and the mom of that 17 year old because she is prolife? Not even on the same level and you know it...your fishing.

And Kerry couldn't hold John McCains jock when it comes to service of country....Kerry isn't even CLOSE to McCain. Talk about that Biden 5 time defermant deal.

Palin accepted the job because she thinks she can do it....Obama even came out agaisnt the slamming of that 17 year  old as did Biden....but don't let your GODS words sway you this time....your like therest of the left wing loonies...blood in the water...kill the kid and feed her to us.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
I haven't seen much to prove or disprove that... either way.

Is Janet willing to submit to a paternity test?
I still don't see quotes of me attacking, and attacking, and attacking palen.  Did you get lost?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"