Author Topic: Palin Speaks!  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Palin Speaks!
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
LOL, I guess I never put my location back in after the boards changed. Murfreesboro Tennessee.

I know where you live bro.   I was merely agreeing with my "Southern Brother from a different Mother."   :D
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2008, 06:41:41 PM »
I know where you live bro.   I was merely agreeing with my "Southern Brother from a different Mother."   :D

I know you knew, I figured there were plenty who didn't.

I buried one of my brothers today. My Mom had even pretty much adopted him. I'm just a little moody, losing a guy who really was like a brother to me for 30 years.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »

I buried one of my brothers today. My Mom had even pretty much adopted him. I'm just a little moody, losing a guy who really was like a brother to me for 30 years.

Sorry to hear that.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »

Sorry to hear of your loss, Captain.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
I was unaware of Palin's existance just a week ago, so I have yet to form an opinion as to anything other than here speaking abilities.

So I looked up her bio in my favorite political rag, and here it is:

Sarah Palin

General Political Philosophy:
Chestnut brown with amber highlights

Advice For Women Beginning In Politics:
"If you work hard and keep your nose clean, you too can have a rich, powerful man come and whisk you off to Washington."

Beauty Contest Victories:
1984 Miss Wasilla, 1984 Miss Alaska, 2008 Republican Vice-Presidential Nomination

Unwed Pregnant Teens Receiving Funding From Palin Administration:

Largest Budget Allocation:
The Wasilla Pipeline To God

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2008, 06:58:15 PM »

Sorry for your loss Virg.
<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

Check your PM's.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm fine.  Back around Father's Day, I lost a good friend I'd known and raced with for 30 years. Last weekend, I raced at one of our local tracks for the first time since he died, and of course, without him for the first time. I took a little time to reflect, and as I did, another friend, Jimmy, came over to talk. We talked a minute and he asked what I had on my mind. So I told him, "this weekend is the first time I've raced here without Ronnie". And he looked at me and said, "No, Ronnie is here, he's all around us," and he pointed to my chest and said "and he's there, too." Sunday night, an idiot pulled out in front of my friend, 3 miles from his home, on his Harley, and my friend died in the helicopter on the way to the hospital. Last night, at the visitation, as we stood around, someone said "I can't believe he's gone". Then it dawned on me, Jimmy was right. I looked around the group and I said,"No, Bubba is not gone, he's here with us, he brought us all together, for the first time in years." And I pointed to everyone's chest, and said, "and he's there too, in our hearts, because he meant that much to us, and we meant that much to him."

So tonight, I raised a beer, and toasted my brother. And soon, I'll stop shedding these selfish tears, and smile like Bubba always made me smile. And I'm going to finish my bike, so we can start an annual toy ride in his memory, he never had kids, but he loved mine like they were his.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »
that's just awful... my condolences to you and the families. sounds like they were both pretty special people. Sounds like you've been real lucky to have shared some time here with 'em.

<S!>
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
She's a pawn in a lame dirty game. The only thing she portrayed were the words off a teleprompter that some bellybutton kissin power hungry party heads wrote for her. Same with Barry Obomya. Republicans and Democrats just pander to whoever their tryin to suck up to on that particular day.

Oh and thanks to that redneck woman chick for bombing the climax note of our national anthem  :frown:
even the "entertainment" sucked :D

I love my country it has given me all that I have.....I just hope these shizsacks aren't gonna run it into the ground. A nation of independent people my ass....follow the herd sheeps.
Actually, the teleprompter crapped out halfway through, and she didn't miss a beat, unlike some certain Dem nominees who shall go un-named
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »

sorry to hear that, my condolences.
 :salute

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »
Actually, the teleprompter crapped out halfway through, and she didn't miss a beat, unlike some certain Dem nominees who shall go un-named

Seriously.....if that's true, I am even more impressed with her than I was last night.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »
Mark my words
She's a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I think the opposition is going to find her to be more formidable then they anticipate.

I predict that not only will she do well in the debates.
But will actually do better then McCain.

She will show up well versed,Well prepared and quick on her feet.

Even should McCain loose. I dont think we will have heard the last of her in Washington.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »
Wow, I really hate to hear that Virgil. But you are right. They are always here in our heart.
Hang in there buddy. <S>
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2008, 08:17:36 AM »
you guys do realize that in a town of any size.. that they have a staff of people who's sole job is to find grant money from the state and feds to improve the city and city projects.. that in smaller towns the city manager and mayor have to do that work.   Our city was very bad at it and we suffered... many cities are good at it and they prosper.

Any time you can get any of your money back from the fed or the state it is a good thing.

lazs