Author Topic: Sorry but... Puffy Ack Question:  (Read 648 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sorry but... Puffy Ack Question:
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »
I think it must lock a new target when you go out of range - ive heard the usual puffy cursing on range when I go to 2900' - and it definitely reacquires when I pop up again.

:noid
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 04:04:53 PM »
I think it must lock a new target when you go out of range - ive heard the usual puffy cursing on range when I go to 2900' - and it definitely reacquires when I pop up again.

Yes, it's as if you've been marked by the robot gunner, like it has a grudge.  When you go below 3k it shoots at someone else out of convenience, and then, a minute later, when you go above 3k it recommences the persecution of its favorite target regardless of proximity.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
More ack was added to CVs because it was so easy to sink them, however the biggest threat to CVs are still high alt level bombers. I think that HTC should do something so that AAA targets larger targets first, this would have been real to RL as well because they would be seen first

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »
Yes, it's as if you've been marked by the robot gunner, like it has a grudge.  When you go below 3k it shoots at someone else out of convenience, and then, a minute later, when you go above 3k it recommences the persecution of its favorite target regardless of proximity.
exactly :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »
I think it's more of a case that the ack has a problem with me rather than vice-versa.  I've always felt persecuted by the ack, as if it gains some sort of pleasure from targetting me target me.

Here's a couple of sorties from this afternoon.  In the first one you witness the ack snipe me, during which, i'm sure there's a trio of b24's about to bomb the fleet.  In the second you witness a gunner open up when i hit 3000ft- I have a mental image of a ack gunner just waiting for me to hit 3000ft and screaming "SURPRISE! c*** f*g!" Team America style. :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/61883048/95c3ab32/film76.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/61883132/3b95bedc/film78.html

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
lol, best part was bout 2 years ago, us C-hawks are at like 20k flyin to the right of an enemy CV formation,  out of no where, BOOM, next thing i know.... im on fire.... and it didnt say somone killed me, so im assuming it was computer... = /

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 02:54:30 PM »
lol, best part was bout 2 years ago, us C-hawks are at like 20k flyin to the right of an enemy CV formation,  out of no where, BOOM, next thing i know.... im on fire.... and it didnt say somone killed me, so im assuming it was computer... = /

-BigBOBCH

Yup, I'm gonna post a thread with this, but I have something similar, switch film to flight lead magoo1, or press the 9 key on the KP and watch as the ack ack comes *about 5:20*

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e9e97dcc4c873c6eab1eab3e9fa335caff6db43e6ba74faf

Film 156.ahf...

A little background info on this.

The 78th FG and the 4th FG were working together, my flight lead had to go afk so I hooked up with the 4th FG's Red Flight, we took off on an air patrol, and leveled out at 18k... on the first burst, puffy ack took out flight lead.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:56:31 PM by trigger2 »
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*