Author Topic: 1v1s in the MA  (Read 1707 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: 1v1s in the MA
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 01:01:46 AM »
Sometimes, I really don't like the set up fights just because honestly when in WW2 did those ever happen, also i start thinking way to hard about the different moves instead of thinking about getting on the planes six

The reason why I ask is because typically in the DA you can compare Apples-Apples.  That is the best barometer of your understanding of ACM's and throttle/rudder/roll work.  Different planes it is difficult to judge a true test to where u are at.  I'd say the merge is the most important thing because that is where you establish your positioning that gives you the good chance of defeating your opponent.  It is not the end-all but it is important.

In the MA it is difficult to execute a "fair" merge when there are altitude variations and 2 different planes. 

Don't get so caught up in 1 v 1 in MA because you get tunnel vision and you will lose situational awareness and then get picked by some n00b.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 01:06:42 AM »
So there I am, at 13k in my 190 circling a enemy base.....look down on the runway, and much to my suprise, a p-38 rolling.....Immediatly I think, " I can finally kill pawz..." I dive in,....and do.  the end :) :devil :mad: :eek: :furious :salute :rock
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 06:06:26 AM »
RedTop in a Jug vs Jug.
I still remember those few fights we had. Truly fun stuff. 71st it a top notch crew and, if my squad ever throws me out, I'll be signing up with that group.

MtnMan, his wingman and I had some great ones in F4Us a while back.
Big <S> to the Ensign Eliminators. I managed to bring down his wingman but my blue plane was shredded (A couple times) by MtnMan after a good slow turn battle.

AKdogg in his F4U-1 vs my -1A
My arse still hurts from the whuppins I've taken from him on numerous occasions. Don't think I'll ever be as good as him or even come close. Honerable pilot and fun the take whuppins from.

LippyCH in a 262 of all things vs my -D40.
That was an interesting fight. He caught me way off guard when he decided to turn fight my jug after he saddled up on me. I woke up in the tower thinking...WTF?!? Think I lost that fight because I was in denial that a 262 would even attempt such a thing.  :confused:

I can think of some other fights where I can't remember the names, a couple guys in Ki-61s vs my jug or hog, I had a few good ones about a month ago against a gentleman in his 109-G6 vs my -D40, Couple 38 vs -D40 and even the occasional spit. There are still some great fights to be had in the MAs. They come much less often than they should but they're what keeps me logging on every night.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »
So there I am, at 13k in my 190 circling a enemy base.....look down on the runway, and much to my suprise, a p-38 rolling.....Immediatly I think, " I can finally kill pawz..." I dive in,....and do.  the end :) :devil :mad: :eek: :furious :salute :rock

haha  :rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
I had a great one just last month against Sector95, he was in a PonyB,and I was in a 38.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »
BTW, I do have a film of that fight, if you want to see it.  I could email it to you, or post it...

It's mostly me doing frantic dodges, hehe, and occasionally pinging you a bit.

I don't think I was quite as slow as you thought though...

That would be fine....ill pm ya email....love to have that.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »

Your going to HELL!  :devil
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »
I know it rarely happens but i know you probably remember some of your best 1v1s in the Main Arena. These aremy personal favorites :rock

Adonai(109G-6) vs JunkyII(Ki-61) I had been chasing Adonai around Tank Town all day, I almost got a pick when he noticed me closing on his six and he reversed back. I called off allthe friendlys around me and it seemed like he did too. I was still pretty newb when it came to ACM at the time and he made me end up stalling out in a vertical fight, he PW me and i bailed due to other enemy starting to engage. I learned that throttle control helps with turning a ton, all about how you want to make your nose go.

Yenny(109K-4) vs JunkyII(Ki-61) This was pure 1v1 when I went bi for a bit,oops I mean bish :D Co-Alt Co-E, we started looping over and I ended up getting alil bit of gun on him and shot off something essential so it was just a matter of time. This fight made me think maybe the Ki can climb with the 109s under 5-8k.

Teflonn(F4U-1) vs JunkyII(Ki-61) Great Fight. I was picking at him but he was reversing really well, he actually had my six for a bit but I started to spiral climb which worked like a charm. He became target fixated and lost alot of E. I rudder turn back on him and got his six,acouple of those cowl cannons will knock down any plane fast :D

Joker2(F4U-1A) vs JunkyII(Ki-61) This fight I had to work Joker over for by taunting him on 200(Joker i think 200 is your weakness hehe).I started out above him and came down throttled back looking for good shot. Of course I over shoot and we get to turning. I try to use the same tactic I used against Teflonn which was working but Joker nosed down alil faster, I was going too slow and had not enough flaps out and went into a stall below 1000ft. I barely got out and my SA went to hell, I had no clue where he was till it was too late. I didnt try to run but i did try getting the over shoot by doing something I call "Waving my Rudder"Pretty much i just rudder and slight turn alil to slow me down a ton a try to get lucky, from behind you can see my rudder going pretty crazy :)

DaveyJ(P-38L) vs JunkyII(La-5FN) This was just a good fight with a good friend. I won due to a mistake by Davey which seemed like he wasnt throttled up, but we ended up looping with me being the victor after i got my flaps down :)

Share some of your fights or give info on tactics you can use 1v1plz :pray
The Absolute Best fight I Have Ever Had In Ma would be with dedalos , the best stick in the game. Dont remember the planes. I remember I rudder stalled and had an ICon that seemed to be red 0 on my 6 and was shooting at me. Then some weird glitch happen , I just ended up in the tower :D dunno , htc needs to fix that.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 09:37:04 PM »
If i was going to make a list of top 5 one on one pilots that i have fought dedalos would be on it and he is still a ho tard when he wants to be  :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »
If i was going to make a list of top 5 one on one pilots that i have fought dedalos would be on it and he is still a ho tard when he wants to be  :D

We all ho at 1 point in time. hehehehe

I fought Dedalos the other night in the MA.  We both are about =.  I killed him, he killed me, etc.. ,lol.  In fact the last fight we killed eachother.  We both aquired the same space.  He did die first though, hehehehe.   :salute
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline LaFever

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 11:06:14 PM »
Two good fights vs Greebo: First one was my P47D25 vs his F6F. I had initial E advantage but slowly lost it and extended out. Second was my N1K vs his (you guessed it) F6F. He somehow turned a close one circle fight into a two circle. He was fighting for separation from me, I wanted more separation from his CV. I performed a "slick" egress only to find him just 600 back chopping my wing off.  :furious

Lost a good vertical fight to Agent 360s 109K4 in a P47N.

Tracked Steve down at the wavetops in a lightweight P47D25. Got into a very slow rolling scissors with full flaps and lots of stall buffet. He eventually stalled and splashed in. 10 seconds later he's on 200 apologizing for not providing a decent fight!  :confused:  Graceful way to accept the (rare) defeat  :salute

4-5 minutes of slow, low circling with Saxman's F4U-1D was interesting, unfortunately a friendly came by and introduced him to the concept of "flammable explosives" leaving me only to watch the debris fall 5 feet to terra firma and suddenly realize my FM2 still had one more notch of flaps to give  :uhoh

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »
We all ho at 1 point in time. hehehehe

I fought Dedalos the other night in the MA.  We both are about =.  I killed him, he killed me, etc.. ,lol.  In fact the last fight we killed eachother.  We both aquired the same space.  He did die first though, hehehehe.   :salute

well if you want to bump him off my list i should be back in a week and would love a few fights in the DA. You would need to fight me 300 times and beat me 50% or more to claim his spot :D

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 04:59:06 AM »
I could careless about any list.  I follow the philosphy, there is always someone better then u.  What that means is pilot A beats pilot B and at anytime pilot B can be pilot A.  There are alot of good pilots in the game.  It to difficult to put anyone of them on a list and in any order.

U have pilots that are masters of the 1 vs 1.  But those same pilots may lose in a 2 on 1 or even a 2 on 2 situation because they don't have the SA or they just don't have the proper skill to deal with that situation.  Does that make them stink?  Absolutely not.  Everyone is good in there own way and that is the reason I say it to hard to say who the best is or create any list.

Dedalos is a good stick.  I had a great time and actually had challenge on my hands.
 :salute
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »
1 vs 1's happen all the time unless u are always in the middle of a furball :) If u want some good 1 on 1s look in other places besides the darbar that goes across the map !!S!! I have 2 many to list just 1 :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »

Hey, I watch the History channel. It was a valid tactic in WWII and any good pilot would voluntarily put his head in front of a few 50cals or 20mms and hope for the best.  What could possibly go wrong  :O.  Just letting you know   :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.