Author Topic: Any AVAers using the X52-Pro?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Any AVAers using the X52-Pro?
« on: September 07, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Any AVAers using the X52-Pro?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:39:50 PM »
Have you tried doing it straight through Aces High, without the Saitek drivers?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
Yes I've tried going in AH first. All calibration Windows and Saitek shows normal. In AH it goes from nuetraul to full left or right no scaling what so ever.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
Shifty,

I read your post under hardware and have one question that hopefully will help.  Did you adjust the deadzone in the control panel for the X52?  I don't believe that I have the Pro model, but I do have the X52 (birthday gift also).  Is the pro version still twisty stick or rudder pedals?  If the deadzone is set too broad in either AH2 or in X52 control panel this might be a problem.

Now, past that, I can only imagine their is some conflict somewhere (grabbing for straws).  Possibility that you received 2 bad sticks is still out there.  It happened to me when upgrading to DVR for my satellite dish.  

Much luck to you in solving rudder problems bud, the X52 has given me some hours of fun and way too many button configurations for my small brain to remember.  

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:01:25 PM »
I've messed with the dead band both in Vista and AH. It doesn't matter as soon as the deadband is crossed no matter how wide or narrow, you get full rudder input.
This stick is to replace my old X52 Chilli, which i didn't have these problems with. Alo the reason for upgrading to the Pro model was to add rudder peddals in a month or two. ;)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »
Did you check the mode?  I read in bug report that turning tracers on or off puts the AH2 into auto select mode (whatever that means).  If that is a possible problem, I would recommend to copy mode 1 to mode 2.   Or just for trial use the set mode 1 button after you launch.

MMMMmmmmmmm ...... pedals ........  druuuuuuul........

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:14:19 PM »
Actually if I de select the Z rotation from rudder. The controler still maxes out at the slightest movement. So it's nnothing to do with being assigned to the rudder. It's the stick input it'self in AH.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
Alo the reason for upgrading to the Pro model was to add rudder peddals in a month or two. ;)
?
You got an X52 pro so you could have rudder pedals?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »
?
You got an X52 pro so you could have rudder pedals?

Yes it is my understanding that you need the X52 pro to use the Saitek pro rudder pedals.. Aside from that the X52 stick I have has always been way to losse for my taste the X52 pro is much stiffer. (insert joke here)

I'm just can't bring myself to spend the money for the CH products. At my age I could loose interest at anytime and take up bird watching or something. ;)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
Yes it is my understanding that you need the X52 pro to use the Saitek pro rudder pedals..
As far as I know, the Saitek Pedals just plug into a separate USB port. At least my CH pedals do.
BTW the CH pedals are actually $10 cheaper on Amazon :aok

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 04:58:57 PM »
I'll look into it if I can't get my current situation resloved. B-day gift from the wife I need to exhaust all options on this stick first.  ;)
Thanks Bubi.
<S>

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 06:59:31 AM »
i have a "regular" X52 with rudder pedals. works great, no problems, still can't fly worth a damn but its much more fun. just be careful when resting you feet on the pedals and then wondering why you're flying in a big circle!  :)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »
As far as I know, the Saitek Pedals just plug into a separate USB port. At least my CH pedals do.
BTW the CH pedals are actually $10 cheaper on Amazon :aok

He is correct, Shifty.  I have an X-52 (not pro) and use it with the Saitek Pro pedals.  I like them more than the CH because they are wider.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:40:06 AM »
He is correct, Shifty.  I have an X-52 (not pro) and use it with the Saitek Pro pedals.  I like them more than the CH because they are wider.

Well a way out of my current dilemma might be to just swap the X52 pro for the pedals...
Thanks VM.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
I really can't tell you what is wrong.  I traded (2) saitek x-52's back to Best Buy because of the same problem.  I am on my third set. (I have 2 sets 1 is for the kids and their flight games)  This third set started doing the same thing.

With my uh.....  less-than-patient personality, i finally threw it down the stairs.

It has worked like a charm since, but then I got the pedals for Christmas.        :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.