Author Topic: Planes flying on fire and with no wings? Hackers?  (Read 504 times)

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
Planes flying on fire and with no wings? Hackers?
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:46:24 PM »
            I might be late on this topic......But for several months now I have noticed many different planes flying after being shot up real bad with no wing no tails and on fire. While seeing a plane on fire still flying is not on commin, Planes with out tails or wings are. I run a fairly nice set up with my computer and at first I thought it was a glitch with my equipment. But after seeing one of these planes flying in and landing I noticed no name on in the text box when his kills registered! I have asked certain people that i can't name so I don't get in trouble. But they have told me that there is no way there can be any hackers in this game! Well I'm not sure, But the next time I see one these planes flying I will try to record it. Can anyone Give me any clues to what is happening if it's not hackers:)

thankyou 20mmrain
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Re: Planes flying on fire and with no wings? Hackers?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 06:37:04 PM »
film it - send it in to hitech

no need to forum it...could be a variety of things ..

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »
there is a glitch that happens some times where a person logs in  and doesn't quit make it all the way. Their name dosen't appear in anything when it happens. Relogging in most cases fixes it. HTC is aware of it and is working to track down the problem. If you see it again, film it and send it in to HTC.

oh, and mentioning the "H" word is a VERY big no-no.

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:45:25 PM »
Yeah I hear it is a big no no that why I think I'll leave this subject alone and prolly just ignore it happening:)
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:58:23 PM »
Its a known bug fella - seen it a couple of times, sent film in - no biggie (although a bit annoying  :D)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »
Yeah I hear it is a big no no that why I think I'll leave this subject alone and prolly just ignore it happening:)

I wouldn't confuse the policy of not discussing these issues in a public setting with not caring about the integrity of the game.  It's a charged subject and airing it in public doesn't actually accomplish anything other than potentially starting a witch hunt. 

The overwhelming chance that whatever wierd behaviour you are seeing can be explained with either a bug in the game or some sort of net issue.  But if there is concern about it just film it and send it in.  If there is in fact something going on they will deal with it. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.