Author Topic: Hiding Carrier - why?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Hiding Carrier - why?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 12:39:40 PM »
Thanks...  I was thinking of some other Joker (hint, hint)

LOL dont even get me started on the Jokers spying <Finger> most of the Jokers
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
This is a general strategy found on all 3 sides.  From a wartime perspective, it does make sense.  I'll be the first one to take 24's to the depths of enemy territory to find my ship... But that doesn't mean I like it.   Knights do do it more then the rest.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :noid

If the enemy captures the port that the cv belongs to, and they sink it, they get the cv.  Hiding the cv prevents the enemy from making use of the port that they captured.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »
Knights hid them recently because the DEFENSIVE geniuses determined that was best in order to win the war.   :rolleyes:  Guess they never heard the best defense was a good offense, buy hey, they kept saying this was best & to trust them.  They just didn't want to worry about the ports those hidden cv's were attached to.  I'd never say where they were to the Bish/Rooks since I'd hate to be thought of as a spy, but they were pretty much equally far apart from either of those two countries and totally ineffective while running around in circles.

Glove

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »
With all due respect..... Don't worry, you dont have to give up locations.  Those Defensive generals dont have much imagination.  Baltic map, they are always on the HQ side of the main island.  Sometimes close enough to HQ to allow 163's but at the same time, they dont get there in time.  Nobody ever tries the corners..... Sad really. 

Knights hid them recently because the DEFENSIVE geniuses determined that was best in order to win the war.   :rolleyes:  Guess they never heard the best defense was a good offense, buy hey, they kept saying this was best & to trust them.  They just didn't want to worry about the ports those hidden cv's were attached to.  I'd never say where they were to the Bish/Rooks since I'd hate to be thought of as a spy, but they were pretty much equally far apart from either of those two countries and totally ineffective while running around in circles.

Glove
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 03:26:38 PM »
hiding CVs is just stupid. Do you pay 14.99/month to STOP fights happening in a combat game? shame on you.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »
My opinion on that is..

Country <A> captures the port of country <B>. If country <B> does not re-capture there port within 20 minutes, the CV will automatically sink and re-spawn with country <A> as the new owner.

That may sound gamey, but i think it's even more gamey when guys hide the cv on the other side of the map,  making it useless to everyone.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »
I'm against hiding cv's. CV attacks are one of my favorite parts of the game, both defending against and attacking with. Sometimes they start some great fights :)
Atti11a

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
You take the port, you hide the CV.  The other team takes their port back, they never see the CV up from it again.

You effectively take their CV out of the game until they can find it and destroy it.  Hopefully you still have your own CV's to work with.

Seems like a simple and decent strategy to me.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 04:44:57 PM »
My old squad got 3 CVs and sailed them right up to an HQ and pounded it with the 8" guns until it was dead, then we moved it away from the bases a little, whilst there were NOE 262s all over the place looking for NOE buffs, that might have snuck by, after that was over we sailed them all back 30 minutes later and killed it again.This went on for a good hour or two. Soon they spotted 2 of our CVs that didn't get out of there fast enough. Our last CV we had we used to take a base way back there and start a nice fight that lasted a good 2 hours.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »
System: A bish whine has been recorded.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »
uummm I am a Knight :aokNot with the knights they arent, Knights dont use them right 90+ % of the time, all they do is just give the bish/rooks a good furball

WHo says thats not the right way to use them??? Its a game !! The whole idea is to have fights not play who has the CV up his butt! If were in a life and death situation, then sure "tactically" its a good idea, but come on, its a GAME !  Only losers hide a CV, I would happily give who ever points out where its hiding the huge sum of 35 perks they are throwing away by not wining the war.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
because... if they destroy carrier.. and take port.. they get carrier..

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »
because... if they destroy carrier.. and take port.. they get carrier..

-BigBOBCH

The best thing about this whole post is now I know what is up and can act accordingly. 
Here carrier carrier... :devil
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »
I actually caught a guy in a low 234 with just DTs skimming the water way behind the rook mainland where we were hiding the CV. too bad he entered the dar ring of a base and I caught the base flashing for a couple minutes.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »
I'll be honest here. Considering this is a game it's kind of lame to remove a potential source of fun from play. But from a military strategy point of view it's right out of Sun Tzu's, "Art of War". Denying an asset to your enemy permanently even if it means denying it to yourself temporarily is sound strategy. That does not mean it's the most fun strategy, but it's undeniably the smart play. It would only be correct to return the CV to play if the port were re-secured and able to be adequately defended. In the era we are currently in of rampant NOE raids to vacant bases and the "win at all costs, fun be damned" mantra, it's perfectly reasonable for this behavior to continue and be considered acceptable...

Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc