Author Topic: Found this walking around back-lot of studio  (Read 1361 times)

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
Found this walking around back-lot of studio
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:08:59 PM »
would be a P-40 with What i thought were chinese markings....very cool i thought

zuii <S>
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:23:38 PM by zuii »
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Found this walking around back-lot of studio
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Those are early US stars with red dots, not chinese markings.

Also, you can kinda tell it's a mockup :)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »
Windows look pretty dirty...in fact the whole plane looks dirty. Nice find anyway. Were you able to touch it? Whats it made outta? Is there a new WWII movie in the making?

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:26:06 PM »
Ya, its on the back lot of a movie studio, not sure what movie(S) it was used in if any. I wish it was in my back yard! :) Ill ask around tomorrow and see if anyone around knows anything about it. yes its very dirty. :)

zuii <S>
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:28:22 PM by zuii »
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
Very cool!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »
Speaking of movies and WW2.. December 26th is the release date for a movie called "Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise. The Warhawk Museum in Nampa, Idaho originally had an event scheduled with flight demonstrations of four P40 aircraft, including the museum's own. The event was abruptly cancelled early this summer due to the planes being used in this movie's production.

http://valkyrie.unitedartists.com
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »
Speaking of movies and WW2.. December 26th is the release date for a movie called "Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise. The Warhawk Museum in Nampa, Idaho originally had an event scheduled with flight demonstrations of four P40 aircraft, including the museum's own. The event was abruptly cancelled early this summer due to the planes being used in this movie's production.

You called?

Yours Truly,

Tom Cruise
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »

You called?

Yours Truly,

Tom Cruise
Somehow, I doubt Tom lives in New Hampshire. Maybe a Scientoligist commune?  :lol

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »
Tom Cruise is everywhere, man.

Everywhere.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline tech9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »

I live in Nampa here is some pics of my last visit to the Warhawk Museum

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »
Really dumb question: did P40s even operate in the ETO?  (The film is about the assassination attempt against Hitler.)

Offline tech9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »
"P-40s first saw combat with the British Commonwealth squadrons of the Desert Air Force (DAF) in the Middle East and North African campaigns, during June 1941.[2] [3] The Royal Air Force's No. 112 Squadron was among the first to operate Tomahawks, in North Africa, and the unit was the first to feature the "shark mouth" logo,[4] copying similar markings on some Luftwaffe Messerschmitt Bf 110 twin-engine fighters."
from wiki

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
Speaking of movies and WW2.. December 26th is the release date for a movie called "Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise.

Im sure its a total butchery of history. I wondered for a long time how they make Cruise look bigger then his 5'2" size and then I remembered the Hulk series...  :rofl
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »
Really dumb question: did P40s even operate in the ETO?  (The film is about the assassination attempt against Hitler.)

Yes, the earliest I can think of is the French (known as Hawk 75's and Hawk 81's).

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »
Im sure its a total butchery of history. I wondered for a long time how they make Cruise look bigger then his 5'2" size and then I remembered the Hulk series...  :rofl

IIRC the release of this movie has already been put off more than once.

There ya go.

wrngway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay