Author Topic: RC P-51 with onboard sound amplifier Merlin  (Read 627 times)

Offline Arado381

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: RC P-51 with onboard sound amplifier Merlin
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »
something i just remembered.....i thought there was a post on these bbs, awhile back about a miniture allison or merlin....that ran.........that'd make more sense. i've never seen an electric powered rc fly on a 4 blade prop.....

in fact......whatcha think about this??

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/feature-guy-builds-world-s-smallest-4-stroke-v12-engine-is-aircooled-video-

For one I can guarantee you that the p51 is electric. And he needs to go back to his kadet senior for the landings lol. cool video :aok I looked up that module that the guy with the poney used, its a lot more than I thought it would be, bout $300.
i <3 skuzzy :rock

Offline Arado381

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 12:25:38 AM »
if you're saying that from thew taxi or from the landing, every mustang i've seen taxis like that on grass, including mine, and mine is not nose heavy.

as for the landing, it seemed there was a crosswind, and he just got caught up in correcting for that, and forgot to flare.....twice.

Well sir, than you have never seen my poney taxi/land  :D

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 03:13:41 AM »
It takes a much better system to work over the noise of nitro or gas but it can be done.

The dead giveaway on electric power was the nose over on the first landing I guess you missed that?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Arado381

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 03:25:19 AM »
It takes a much better system to work over the noise of nitro or gas but it can be done.

The dead giveaway on electric power was the nose over on the first landing I guess you missed that?

The dead give away was from the start. The speaker on the plane is in the nose cone, in-cowl muffler and for that matter no muffler would have enough room and you can see there is no pits muffler. And nitro doesnt just start ya gotta have a starter, you dont just put the throttle forward and it starts.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:31 AM »
Actually you can. I have a P51 Christen Eagle and F16 (jet) that have auto starters on board. I mean its obvious to someone that does electric from the cooling holes and odd lines for a scale plane but not everyone is going to pick up on that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Arado381

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 03:30:03 AM »
Actually you can. I have a P51 Christen Eagle and F16 (jet) that have auto starters on board.

what size engine?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 03:39:54 AM »
Zenoah G62 for the P51 and Eagle and the F16 uses the Wren XL200 with autostart and FADEC controller modifications (about $4000).

Offline Arado381

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 03:48:52 AM »
Zenoah G62 for the P51 and Eagle and the F16 uses the Wren XL200 with autostart and FADEC controller modifications (about $4000).

ohhh gas and turbine... nice motors btw. thought you meant nitro auto starters.  was confused 

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »
The dead give away was from the start. The speaker on the plane is in the nose cone, in-cowl muffler and for that matter no muffler would have enough room and you can see there is no pits muffler. And nitro doesnt just start ya gotta have a starter, you dont just put the throttle forward and it starts.

i believe they make remote starters. one of our local pilots had em on his pattern ships.

i've also seen a couple companies that offer scale exhaust. they actually build exhaust stacks to come out in the proper place, and if that was a gas engine we wouldn't see exhaust. if it were nitro, we would've.

i did notice the restart though after he nosed it over. that would lead towards electric, but i've still not seen an electric that could fly on a 4 blade prop before.........

i still like mine with the ys 4 stroke in it. she flys beautifully. fast, short or scale takeoffs, and nice gentle landings.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »
Actually you can. I have a P51 Christen Eagle and F16 (jet) that have auto starters on board. I mean its obvious to someone that does electric from the cooling holes and odd lines for a scale plane but not everyone is going to pick up on that.
niiice :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
My new 110 mph toy!! :D  I will make a vid tonight! this thing is a monster!!

See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!