Author Topic: Controller problems?  (Read 511 times)

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
Controller problems?
« on: September 11, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »
        There are some days my controller is very prompt and responds excellent. But other days it responds to loose or very slushy. Now can anyone elaborate? I do calibrate everytime before i come into the game or when this starts to happen. I also Have tried tweaking it with the controller program that came with it. Does anyone else have this problem? My controller is a logitech extrem 3D pro if that helps anyone?

20mmrain
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Controller problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:45:30 AM »
        There are some days my controller is very prompt and responds excellent. But other days it responds to loose or very slushy. Now can anyone elaborate? I do calibrate every time before i come into the game or when this starts to happen. I also Have tried tweaking it with the controller program that came with it. Does anyone else have this problem? My controller is a logitech extrem 3D pro if that helps anyone?

20mmrain

Its possible you have a bad controller. My experiences with Logitech products haven't been good ones. Its also possible you are flying planes with different flight characteristics and you are interpreting these as controller issues. Do you have the latest drivers installed? I know with Saitek problems can crop up when fragments of old drivers are left in the system. Sometimes a complete cleanup of software and then a new driver installation is required. Its also possible you have a loose connection in your controller cord, at the controller.

Most of my controller issues cleared up when I bought a powered USB Hub which I dedicated solely to the controller. Also check LT web sight for possible answers and fixes. Good luck, "maybe time for new controllers".
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »
       Well I actually had a saitek at one time then went back to the logitech after nothing but problems with the saitek! But I wonder if the left over drivers from the saitek could be messing with it! If that isn't it your right I didn't think to check if i have the latest drivers loaded up!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »
       Well I actually had a saitek at one time then went back to the logitech after nothing but problems with the saitek! But I wonder if the left over drivers from the saitek could be messing with it! If that isn't it your right I didn't think to check if i have the latest drivers loaded up!

I doubt it but Saitek does have a cleaning process posted on their websight http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/saitekUninstall.htm

See if that helps but be careful when messing with the registry. Make sure you only remove what they tell you to remove.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »
      When I get home tonight I well try that thanx bud

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »
     p.s. if it's not that or the drivers on the logitech website you would suggest i might have a bunk controller then?

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 12:45:15 PM »
Most likely your controller is perfectly OK. What are you experiencing is 'input lag'. Input lag depends on many things like controller drivers, USB polling, memory usage, process priority, CPU and GPU, game code, frame rate, etc and it is in constant flux.

Very often just logging in different arena makes a difference. Some players won't notice it, some will...