Author Topic: Johnny Depp may be the next foe of Gotham City??  (Read 337 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Johnny Depp may be the next foe of Gotham City??
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »
I hope he does a better job then Jim Carrey; but will he top Heath???

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Celebrities/0,,2-1225-2108_2391072,00.html
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: Johnny Depp may be the next foe of Gotham City??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »
only if he kills himself spectacularly afterwards.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »
Not so sure about this though, in that same interview Michael Cain also said that Philip Seymour Hoffman would be playing The Penguin in Gotham, and Hoffman said today that he is not playing The Penguin in the next Batman movie, you can read his statement about it here:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/09/dark-knight-update-philip-seymour-hoffman-responds-to-casting-rumor-i-dont-know-if-id-be-a-good-penguin/

If he's wrong about Hoffman he could be wrong about Depp.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:04:10 AM »
Before The Dark Knight, I would have said Johnny Depp was a better actor than Heath Ledger... Johnny Depp always gets into character really well, so I would like to see how he does. Although I feel like the joker is an unbeatable role, it will be hard to match

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 02:08:01 AM »
i can't quit you!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 03:02:51 AM »
Depp is greatness and The Riddler is a great role for him. But it's not The Joker.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 03:09:12 AM »
I hope he does a better job then Jim Carrey; but will he top Heath???

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Celebrities/0,,2-1225-2108_2391072,00.html

At least Johnny Depp can act compared to Jim Carrey. Topping Heath, I don't know about that. Heath did an awesome job.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 03:10:37 AM »
Depp would make a better 'Book Worm' then he would Riddler or Joker.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 03:11:50 AM »
Or The Mad Hatter.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:17 AM »
I think the Penguin would be a better role :D

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:50:54 AM »
The odd thing about most of the Rogues Gallery is there's really not much more to work with for a REAL threatening opponent for Batman.

The Riddler isn't really MUCH of a villain. At least not one of a level that justifies him being the primary bad guy in the new Batman series. The same goes for the Penguin, who has more in common with the Falcones than Ra's and the Joker (and especially later on Batman largely tolerates in return for information). And I will say this again: CATWOMAN IS NOT A VILLAIN. She's usually on the wrong side of the law, yes, but she's much more accurately an anti-hero and wouldn't work as a primary villain.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »
Depp is greatness

Yeah he would be a great actor to choose if they ever decide to make a movie about Mickey Mouse.  :lol
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------