Author Topic: 9/11 Memorial Flight  (Read 535 times)

Offline GrimWulf

• Zinc Member
9/11 Memorial Flight
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »
     Sept. 11, 2001 was an event that rocked the United States to it's very core. Some 2,974 people lost their lives and another 24 are missing and presumed dead. This figure includes Nationals from over 90 countries, though by far most of the casualties were American civilians.
    "On that morning, terrorists affiliated with al-Qaeda hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, killing everyone on board and many others working in the building, causing both buildings to collapse within two hours, destroying at least two nearby buildings and damaging others. The hijackers crashed a third airliner into the Pentagon. The fourth plane crashed into a field near Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania, after some of its passengers and flight crew attempted to retake control of the plane, which the hijackers had redirected toward Washington, D.C. There are no known survivors from any of the flights." -Quoted from Wikipedia
     I wish that I had thought of this sooner, but I only today realized the significance of today (Work and Family and All). I would like to maybe propose a 9/11 Memorial Flight in honor of the almost 3,000 people that lost their live 7 years ago today. This flight would take place in one of the MA's and consist of Rooks, Bishops, and Knights. For 30 mins suspend hostilities in honor of all those who lost their lives that day.  I would love to see a flight consisting of all countries flying together in 3 "Missing Man" Formations for the three different countries, and everyone flying a p-47D-40 with the 358FG/366FS by Raptor01 paint scheme (The vaguely American Flag paint scheme).
    Unfortunately, I know that there is not enough time to pull something like this together and give ample warning to everyone that this flight is not to be harmed by any country and Coordinate a Flight Plan between the three countries, so that everyone could get screenshots for the forums and for their squad website.
    Maybe in the future we can all come together around days like today, and have an event like this to remind everyone, that while this is "Just a Game", that there are some of the most patriotic and selfless people playing this game, people that remember that 9/11 and events like it, are not political talking points or a chance to talk government conspiracy but events that changed America and the World Forever. I know there are more than just Americans playing this game, and I would like for people from other countries to propose events like this to remember and honor their history as well.
     :salute<S> and tail winds always friends!

"Know that I am the one you seek. I am the one born to rule, destined to conquer. Let those who fear me follow me. Let those who oppose me die! For I am the GrimWulf, and this I command!

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Re: 9/11 Memorial Flight
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:31:53 PM »
Talk to SEA. They might let you do that sort of thing in there. I remember 68KO's memorial flight. There were a LOT of planes there, more than in the MA. Im sure a lot of people will join you.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »
 :salute
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
Talk to SEA. They might let you do that sort of thing in there. I remember 68KO's memorial flight. There were a LOT of planes there, more than in the MA. Im sure a lot of people will join you.

i still have that on my myspace page. that was a sight to see....never will forget it

and i think this is a great idea, i'm sure there are ppl that play AH that either lost someone in 9/11 or is friends of someone that lost a loved one. one thing that 9/11 managed to do, it brought us all together closer than ever. people pull together in the time of need and maybe we had all forgotten about that till that tragic day. but now the US is stronger than ever. with every bad thing comes something good. keep remembering 9/11 and never forget.

:salute to those lost 9/11/2001
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »
Being a member of the local Fire Department, those Firefighters that lost thier lives trying to save others, are like family. At a fire I wouldnt turn my back on another firefighter if he needed help because hes from a different town/city.  :salute to all those many people that lost a friend, loved one, or know someone who did.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 04:26:28 PM »
actually, this would've been really cool to see in one of the regular arenas. seeing all of the crap on 200 and open channels completley stop, and members from all three countries flying formation.

but then i'd also be willing to bet that some schmuck would name himself something seriously offensive, and plow through the formations shooting down aw many as he could.

:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
I remember the BoPs did a formation for something, and people from other countries actually joined their formation and flew along side, not trying to shoot them. <S>
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »

but then i'd also be willing to bet that some schmuck would name himself something seriously offensive, and plow through the formations shooting down aw many as he could.

:aok
free kills, y not?  :P
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato