Author Topic: Kind of a damning article on Palin  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kind of a damning article on Palin
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2008, 08:42:30 AM »
wait a minute... are you guys saying that I didn't start the osamabama thing?  I know I was the first for osamabinbiden tho right?

lazs

LOL... full credit is hereby awarded to Laz for binbiden and osamabama. LOL. It's on yer federal record. You betta hope his arab bellybutton don't make it to the white house.. our tulips in chairs at the IRS will be credited to you also.

;)

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
wait a minute... are you guys saying that I didn't start the osamabama thing?  I know I was the first for osamabinbiden tho right?

lazs
first time I heard either one, actually was from your oclub posts. 

Gawd I hate when hes right. :furious

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2008, 09:11:40 AM »
It's a BS question.  Your assertion that she "thinks she's doing gods will" is based on a misquoted snippet from a speech she gave.  In fact, her reference to "gods will" in context was actually "I hope that our acts are carrying out god's will", which seems like a perfectly reasonable sentiment.

But of course, it's much more fun to twist it around to try to make her sound like a religious whacko.  Which she is not.  She made the perfectly reasonable statement that she hopes our actions are in accordance with God's will, not an assertion that she is in fact carrying out god's will.

If you won't admit to seeing the distinction there, you're either deliberately twisting the facts or hopelessly ignorant.  This particular mis-quote of Gov Palin was so thoroughly debunked at least a week ago that even MSNBC isn't talking about it anymore.

lol

now this is rich

any statements made lately by Obama that have been twisted around?

Personally- I think Palin is a very intelligent - sharp witted - person, who totally believes that she is capable of holding the second most important office in the US, she very well may be... a lot of her statements have been twisted around, not only by so called liberals, but also by ultra conservatives to justify their own support... its funny how much of it is going on... but someone linked to an old thread from the last election.. I swear after reading that forum.. there are bots on this board.. a very active ultra conservative member of this board has not had an original statement since then..I swear a lot of posts have been copied and pasted here...it is just amazing the lack of debate.. and the total immersion in name calling and false rumors...
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2008, 09:32:15 AM »
How about some sources to back up your absurd claims of 50 million? Other than youtube I mean.

So far, throughout the entire Inquisition, (not just the Spanish Inquisition) I'm seeing total deaths of 5000 at most.

This is a good article on the Inquisition.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08026a.htm

The Number of Victims.

How many victims were handed over to the civil power cannot be stated with even approximate accuracy. We have nevertheless some valuable information about a few of the Inquisition tribunals, and their statistics are not without interest. At Pamiers, from 1318 to 1324, out of twenty-four persons convicted but five were delivered to the civil power, and at Toulouse from 1308 to 1323, only forty-two out of nine hundred and thirty bear the ominous note "relictus culiae saeculari". Thus, at Pamiers one in thirteen, and at Toulouse one in forty-two seem to have been burnt for heresy although these places were hotbeds of heresy and therefore principal centres of the Inquisition. We may add, also, that this was the most active period of the institution.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »
Except....she hasn't been Pentecostal for 6 years now. ;)

Yet - because Osama attended a muslim school when he was a youth in Indonesia, that matters to you.....

go ahead..have your cake and eat it too

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »
Yet - because Osama attended a muslim school when he was a youth in Indonesia, that matters to you.....

Point to where I have ever said that matters to me.....please.

I'll be waiting patiently.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2008, 10:23:58 AM »

any statements made lately by Obama that have been twisted around?

I wouldn't know.  I don't go around spouting false accusations or repeating populist soundbites.  You must have me confused with someone else, because I don't think I have ever made a serious statement on this board regarding something Obama said that was misquoted.

You're trying to say that my factual refutation of Shrimp's false statement is invalid, because some un-named third person made a false statement about Obama at an unspecified time in the past?  Is that something they teach on debate team or did I miss the memo on how liberals win debates by making false accusations against anyone who brings a fact to the discussion?
 :huh

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »
I wouldn't know.  I don't go around spouting false accusations or repeating populist soundbites.  You must have me confused with someone else, because I don't think I have ever made a serious statement on this board regarding something Obama said that was misquoted.

You're trying to say that my factual refutation of Shrimp's false statement is invalid, because some un-named third person made a false statement about Obama at an unspecified time in the past?  Is that something they teach on debate team or did I miss the memo on how liberals win debates by making false accusations against anyone who brings a fact to the discussion?

In the short time Nwbie has been posting in the O'Club he has shown himself to be pretty proficient in slinging turds, even though said turds aren't even all that smelly....    :D

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »
Point to where I have ever said that matters to me.....please.

I'll be waiting patiently.

Show me the post where you as a concerned conservative - have attacked a post that has stated as such
There are plenty of them on here, show me one where you have said - hey thats not true....or relevant

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
In the short time Nwbie has been posting in the O'Club he has shown himself to be pretty proficient in slinging turds, even though said turds aren't even all that smelly....    :D

Short time?
Just because I'm not a blowhard... needing to espouse my beliefs on everyone by posting ad nauseam the same thing over and over again...
Slinging turds?... lol

you are one the cow chip champs on this board...
I just call BS when I read it.. whether it is palatable to you ...does not matter to me ... swallow and spout what you want..

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »
Show me the post where you as a concerned conservative - have attacked a post that has stated as such
There are plenty of them on here, show me one where you have said - hey thats not true....or relevant

The old....lets turn it around on them! I didn't make the implication that someone has done something they haven't. ;)

I'm still waiting. :)

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2008, 11:18:34 AM »

I just pointed out the hilarity of a post that pointed out a false statement about Palin... yet ...
I am willing to bet... that you have never pointed out a false statement made about Obama on this bbs....( don't bother i already looked)
Sorry to get ur shorts in a knot .. wasn't directed at you per se... just was intended as a general observation,, I apologize that i hadn't made that clearly. I suppose you read my whole post before you hit the quote button?

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »
The old....lets turn it around on them! I didn't make the implication that someone has done something they haven't. ;)

I'm still waiting. :)

So you admit your post was as the above?

The slinging turd statement... get to work ... your taking up space for the non repetitive people..

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2008, 11:23:42 AM »
So you admit your post was as the above?

What have I admitted to?  :huh

Your posts don't make much sense.....

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »
Is this really all the small army of investigators airlifted to Alaska were able to dig up???  Hmmm. 

Obama better resume running against McCain instead of Palin or he's gonna lose the shooting match.

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century