Author Topic: Kind of a damning article on Palin  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Kind of a damning article on Palin
« Reply #270 on: September 16, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »
Bush, was alive through all of the CLinton era attacks on us, he and all of the people around him knew Binladins name and his intentions.  He had 9 months to do something, he failed.

First, 9 months simply was not enough time to rebuild the intelligence networks that were dismantled during the Clinton years.

2nd, What exactly, do you propose that Bush should have done during those first 9 months he was in office?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #271 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:56 PM »
Was Bush reponsible in any way for the defense of our nation on the day of 9/11?

Yes he was, but that wasn't what you asked the first time now was it? :)

As President, he is responsible for our defense, but he is not responsible for the actions of those that might attack us. :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #272 on: September 16, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »
we've not been successfully attacked since 11 September 2001.
not entirely true, but on our soil, yes.  The US has lost many to alqueda terrorism in IRAQ, of course it was Bush that put us into IRAQ, but thats another topic. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
This is where you go wrong.  If, I tell you I was robbed, and you call bs.  My lack of proof to assure you it happened will never change the fact that it did, indeed, happen.  You could continue to debunk my claim and win a debate on the fact that I didn't have proof, but it still happened, nonetheless.

Bush, was alive through all of the CLinton era attacks on us, he and all of the people around him knew Binladins name and his intentions.  He had 9 months to do something, he failed.

No, I didn't go wrong. The problem with your assertion is that you believe something happened, and yet provide no evidence, saying you don't HAVE to.

Again, expecting Bush to stop the events of 11 September 2001 in EIGHT MONTHS when in fact there is plenty of evidence that it was in the planning stages for at least 2-3 YEARS is ludicrous. On 20 January 2001, Bush inherited, from a less than co-operative Clinton administration, a spec ops and intelligence system that was in complete disarray. The spec ops units had been hamstrung, and prevented from operating freely. The intelligence system was a train wreck, the human assets had been cut to the point where they couldn't gather adequate information. That section of the government was performing so badly that we'd been attacked successfully numerous times. It took eight YEARS for it to get that bad, and you expect it to have been fully repaired and functioning at 100% in eight MONTHS? Get real.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
not entirely true, but on our soil, yes.  The US has lost many to alqueda terrorism in IRAQ, of course it was Bush that put us into IRAQ, but thats another topic. :aok

Yes, and by going into Iraq, Bush has forced Al Queada to focus their assets in Iraq almost exclusively, and they've been decimated. They've been summarily defeated at every turn. Even they admit they've been thoroughly trashed in Iraq, and soon enough, they'll get the same in Afghanistan, unless of course we get a President stupid enough to let them rest and recover.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2008, 08:35:06 PM »
First, 9 months simply was not enough time to rebuild the intelligence networks that were dismantled during the Clinton years.

2nd, What exactly, do you propose that Bush should have done during those first 9 months he was in office?
The systems were not broken, they detected the terrorists, just nothing was done about it.

He should have "laid down the law" on all intelligence agencies about the threat and impotance of immediate action.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2008, 08:38:06 PM »
in Afghanistan, unless of course we get a President stupid enough to let them rest and recover.
Kinda like, holding back our troops at......Tora Bora?

• Platinum Member
« Reply #277 on: September 16, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
The systems were not broken, they detected the terrorists, just nothing was done about it.

He should have "laid down the law" on all intelligence agencies about the threat and impotance of immediate action.

By that strategy, you should be able to tell all your students "I demand scores of 95% or better on all tests, or else", and have them perform to that level. That won't happen either.

SaVaGe

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »
By that strategy, you should be able to tell all your students "I demand scores of 95% or better on all tests, or else", and have them perform to that level. That won't happen either.
I agree with you, but he could have stepped up more, for sure. :aok

• Platinum Member
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2008, 08:42:09 PM »
I agree with you, but he could have stepped up more, for sure. :aok

And you know this how? Oh, excuse me, I forgot, you "believe" it to be true, so it is. NOT.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:43:56 PM by Captain Virgil Hilts »

SaVaGe

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:47 PM »

No one is saying they were broken, they were crippled but not broken.

*edit* Where he should have *laid down the law* concerning the intelligence agencies was in the area concerning their *rivalries* with each other. Seriously....what the heck were those retards thinking? They are ALL on the same freakin team but they acted like it was some sort of sports league and they were all in competition with each other.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:01:51 PM by Elfie »

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2008, 10:15:32 PM »
bin laden was wounded and in the foothills of afghanistan... rummy took away resources from the special forces to invade iraq so he ending up getting away.

then the neoclowns did exactly what bin laden wanted... they bankrupted the empire in a protected war on muslim land.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »
Are you talking about Tora Bora?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2008, 10:24:44 PM »
bin laden was wounded and in the foothills of afghanistan

Source?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #284 on: September 16, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
And you know this how? Oh, excuse me, I forgot, you "believe" it to be true, so it is. NOT.
no, because there were several warnings that a "hightened alert phase" would have definitely caught. :aok