Author Topic: Want to find a good 190 stick (un-uniformed)  (Read 1350 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Want to find a good 190 stick (un-uniformed)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 07:42:12 AM »
Actually, the 190 was a VERY feared aircraft in WWII, so calling it "the crap 190" isn't really accurate.  Flown well in-game, and it's something to fear in AH too.

Anyone want to just answer the OP without flaming please?

i actually got to talk with a couple luftwaffe pilots last year in kissimmee where there's an FW being restored on kissimmee gateway airport. they had said that the fw was outclassing poretty much anything we sent over. they simply had no experieinced or well trained pilots left, and they couldn't shoot down their enemies fast enough.(remember? numbers wins wars, NOT technology).

from all i had read before talking to these two, the 190 was a kickassss plane. i think in the right hands, ingame, it can probably fight very well, without having to be used as a bnz aircraft, although it will be much more difficult than something like a 109 or a spit......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »

That's not the way to fly a 190
You can fly, of course, as you want, but don't come here to let off numbers to impress someone.

In tour 104 late war you have:

FW 190 a5:   kills 23     died in  29
FW 190 a8    Kills 338   died in  360
FW 190 d9    kills   21   died in 25

Your balance is largely negative, and it proves you are not flying 190 in the right way :aok

don't forget to note his ingame time.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »
Actually, I fly with Deth often.  I'm sure if he cared about his score, he'd have MUCH less deaths (Plus, his name is more fitting this way!).  The problem is... he doesn't care... so he'll do things like strafe carrier fleets (he has fun doing that... no idea why :P), if he sees a better fight elsewhere he will just bail out instead of taking the extra time to land, etc. etc.  I've been with him when he tries and he can easily land kills using his fighting style.

There is no "wrong way" to fly an aircraft (unless your drilling the ground), it's a video game, and his $15.  Must be doing something right to have as many kills this tour as he does.  Deth was not bragging, your post was unwarranted, and score proves nothing. :aok

i almost hate to say this...and somehow know i'll probably regret it, but........

i do believe storch, and tonyjoey are very good in 190's./
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »

That's not the way to fly a 190
You can fly, of course, as you want, but don't come here to let off numbers to impress someone.

In tour 104 late war you have:

FW 190 a5:   kills 23     died in  29
FW 190 a8    Kills 338   died in  360
FW 190 d9    kills   21   died in 25

Your balance is largely negative, and it proves you are not flying 190 in the right way :aok

But that probably proves that he is not picking in them, at least. (runs away and prepares for flak coming my way from everyone in thread)

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 07:54:23 AM »
If you read CAREFULLY the second line of my post you will understand maybe :D

More, I don't have any prob with death13  nor with score , was only pointing that if you say that you have 2000 kills in a plane seems justified to know the death too.

Don't know what gives you the right to say that a post is unwarranted, unless you are Skuzzy.

Suppose death13 is capable to reply, if he wants, surely he doesn't  need a tutor :)

And yes, there is a wrong way to fly a plane, even cartoons planes.

<S>

Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 08:02:44 AM »
And yes, there is a wrong way to fly a plane, even cartoons planes.

No you missed my point.  If he is having fun there is nothing wrong with how he is flying the CARTOON VIDEO GAME.  Caps for emphasis.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 08:11:14 AM »
bongaroo I completely agree with you: its my 15 $ and till I'm having fun I will fly like I want; so I'm having fun, but that don't remove that I am flying that  plane against  its features, so I use that plane in a way it was not planned for, thus in a non correct way.

Everyone is free to fly his way, as everyone can show his opinions ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:13:03 AM by stegor »
Nibbio

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
it can probably fight very well, without having to be used as a bnz aircraft, although it will be much more difficult than something like a 109 or a spit......

You toss that phrase "bnz" around so much that I just have to ask: What the heck is your definition of bnz?

The thing's design parameters were built around performance and booming and zooming. As were many WWII aircraft.

You can use a crescent wrench as a hammer or use a machete to slice cheese, but really, not proper employment of either tool.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
Actually, the 190 was a VERY feared aircraft in WWII, so calling it "the crap 190" isn't really accurate.  Flown well in-game, and it's something to fear in AH too.

Anyone want to just answer the OP without flaming please?

:rofl Of course it was.  What else did the allies have to worry about?  109s and 190s  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 09:01:41 AM »
Shouldn't this thread be in the Squadrons forum?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
Pulling out someone's score is like the BBs version of the HO.  It's a cheap shot.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »
Pulling out someone's score is like the BBs version of the HO.  It's a cheap shot.

No it isn't if you use it for a civil argumentation; I've not Hoed anyone, score is public, and the use made is not intended to blame anyone, but only to see the other part of numbers declared.
If I came here declaring numbers, the least that I can expect is that someone replays with other public numbers.

Don't do cheap moralism please
Nibbio

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 10:14:11 AM »
Most of us see and know score for what it is: pretty much useless.

Hit % is about the only number I'll reference.

Posting up someones score to tell them they aren't flying the way you think they should be is kinda dweeby.

:aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »
Only pilot that flys the crap 190 the way it was flown would be yenny adonai yb etc. All the pickers.
Yeah and what do you fly all day...ponys? Spit16s? la7s?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
I don't know how, but storch out-turned me in a 190a8 one time in the AvA, with me in a P-47.  I'm not a great P-47 pilot by any means (or even good), but I was still like, "whhhaaatttttt??!!1!?" when I saw him do that.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila