Author Topic: AH2 Film Viewer  (Read 384 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
AH2 Film Viewer
« on: September 15, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »
whenever i load a film and press play the viewer stops responding.  any tips?? 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: AH2 Film Viewer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45:45 PM »
Does the game run?  Do you have the latest version of the game installed?  Is the film from an older version?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 01:54:23 PM »
the game runs fine and as far as i know i have the latest version of the game and i have no idea what form the film is

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
So you do not know how old the film is?  I take it the film was not recorded on your computer then.  If that is the case, you would need to find out how old the film is as older films may not play using the later versions of the film viewer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:11:40 PM »
oh yeah the film was made friday in FSO

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »
If you have nothing to lose doing it, download the game (here) again and install it. That will also install the latest Film Viewer compatible with that film.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
my film viewer works but you are sitting off to the left side of the gun sight does it do this for everyone else.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 01:42:40 AM »
Hey SKUZZY can you tell me if this is supposed to do that

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:55 AM »
Press the right or right arrow on the keyboard and see if it jumps back to where it should be int cockpit.  Sometimes the head postition in the film viewer does not start in the right place.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 06:13:03 PM »
The head position arrows dont work at all, you have to use the viewer buttons along the bottom to move the view and that just changes the angle, so I still cant see where my actual aim point was when I fired.  Also I need to know how to take a screen shot as what I tried didn't seem to work.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »
The head position arrows dont work at all, you have to use the viewer buttons along the bottom to move the view and that just changes the angle, so I still cant see where my actual aim point was when I fired.  Also I need to know how to take a screen shot as what I tried didn't seem to work.

dmdchief, I thought you could save your head positions to one set of hps which will be set the same for any film you view.......

just a thought, I may be absolutely wrong but try saving your head positions in the film.by using F10 ( save head position )..

also.to take a screen shot in a film..pause film where you want to take the screen shot.then hit print screen.then open up a photo editing program ( MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, etc.... and right click then click paste into a new pic file..... for better screen shot, pause film then click the full screen view mode in the film viewer then hit print screen key.......

if I am way off on the filmviewer head position saving thingymajig..my apologies.. I am getting old ya know.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 07:19:32 PM »
you can adjust the view in the filmviewer using the same buttons that you use in AH and you can use the F10 button to save the viewe like you do in game with one exception. The view saved is not plane specific the view will be the same eveytime you start the viewer like TC said but it will also be the same no matter what plane you are in as well.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave