Author Topic: McCain Boasts Economy Strong..While Dow and S&P both drop 5%  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
Re: McCain Boasts Economy Strong..While Dow and S&P both drop 5%
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 12:48:09 PM »
I mean seriously....  McCain up there, telling everyone that the economy is "fundamentally strong", and while his words are echoing throughout the hall, the markets are falling through the biggest drop since the day trading started after 9/11.  You really can't be serious about this guy.  He himself admits he doesn't understand the economy at all.  Many economists are of the opinion that if the Fed hadn't thrown alot of money at the problem today, the Dow may have dropped 1,200 to 2,000 points.

Funny that at the very next stop on his trail today, he insisted he was talking about the american worker, when he said the "fundamentals were strong."(and also heard the news about the markets collapsing)  People aren't "fundamentals", by the way.  They can be fundamentalists, but not fundamentals.  Then he proceeded to bash his opponent, saying that if he says "the fundamentals aren't strong", then he's "not on the side of the american worker".  Give him credit, he's got balls....

His number one economic advisor, Phill Gramm, is a main reason WHY we have this issue to start out with.  He inserted the legislation into the budget that made deregulation of the mortgage market a reality. Phil is also the leading candidate to become Sec Treasury in a McCain administration... Who also said America is a "nation of whiners".

The unemployment rate has steadily increased over the past 24 months.  (Now at 6.1%)Industrial production has fallen by it's largest drop in 5 years.
Really?  Another four years of this?  What will be left of this proud nation?   :frown:

Also, where are you when Carl Rove says this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdtZGqZA2Y

McCain is just whacked, he has no clue nor idea about economy

NOW, just remember, the very man who claims the economy is strong,. (Bush's past words noted) the cery same man in the very beginning on the camp said himself he has no idea about economy. So we're suppose to listen to a man who admits not having a clue about economy telling us it's just fine??????

Me thinks he's just saying what the Rep party wants him to say, obviously he's right about himself, clueless to anything economy.
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »
Those were his exact words in his second speech of the day.  You know, after his advisors let him know that the markets were all plunging.  He simply changed it to "american worker" in order to look less out of touch.

zactly
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 01:00:23 PM »
zactly

The sound bite:

"Our economy, I think still—the fundamentals of our economy are strong." —John McCain, speaking on the morning of September 15

With some more context:

"You know," said McCain, "there's been tremendous turmoil in our financial markets and Wall Street and it is -- people are frightened by these events. Our economy, I think, still the fundamentals of our economy are strong. But these are very, very difficult times. And I promise you, we will never put America in this position again. We will clean up Wall Street. We will reform government."--John McCain, speaking on the morning of September 15

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
McCain is so obviosuly the best choice, but I accept that there are alot of misinformed and just plain stupid people out there.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
The more digging we (as the electorate) do, the more obvious Holdens points come across as irrefutable.

The disease we call government has a focal point... 'patient zero' is congress. We need to get Pelosi and Reid out, we need 2 term plus senators and congressmen out, we need the regulatory body of congress to get and understand the mandate of the people.. start doing their jobs.

Get 'em out!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »
 That's a bunch of BS, the Democrat congress have a majority with Joe Lieberman in there.  They are reeling from 6 years of unrestricted spending, to suddenly having Bush veto everything that comes across his desk. You can't blame them for the short comings of this administration.  It's impossible for them to get anything done under the partisan climate that we currently have.  Luckily I think  McCain or Obama will end that. 

It's just more of the Republican, anyone's fault but mine syndrome.

Here Yeager I corrected that for you.

Obama is so obviously the best choice, but I accept that there are a lot of misinformed and just plain stupid people out there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:31:06 PM by Mojava »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »
That's a bunch of BS, the Democrat congress have a majority with Joe Lieberman in there.  They are reeling from 6 years of unrestricted spending, to suddenly having Bush veto everything that comes across his desk. You can't blame them for the short comings of this administration.  It's impossible for them to get anything done under the partisan climate that we currently have.  Luckily I think  McCain or Obama will end that. 

It's just more of the Republican, anyone's fault but mine syndrome.

Not quite correct.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/electionissues/tp/Bush-Vetos.htm
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »
Here Yeager I corrected that for you.
Im surprised you got my point!  or did you  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 02:04:53 PM »
They are reeling from 6 years of unrestricted spending, to suddenly having Bush veto everything that comes across his desk.
How many items that have come across his desk have received the veto stamp?

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »
Was listening to Rush today, according to him this entire financial mess is the fault of Bill Clinton and Robert Rubin, that should end all discussion.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »
Was listening to Rush today, according to him this entire financial mess is the fault of Bill Clinton and Robert Rubin, that should end all discussion.

shamus
How so?

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »
How so?

Cuz everything negative is Bill Clintons fault and thinking folks should know it.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 02:34:59 PM »
Well Rush is usually right and if you know otherwise prove it without resorting to insults and BS.

I look at the economic situation like this: The economy was strong but just the hint of a Congress full of Dems and the fact that there is no true Republican in the race for POTUS and the rumor that the Dems might not ever let go of power equates to economic decline.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »
Well Rush is usually right and if you know otherwise prove it without resorting to insults and BS.

I look at the economic situation like this: The economy was strong but just the hint of a Congress full of Dems and the fact that there is no true Republican in the race for POTUS and the rumor that the Dems might not ever let go of power equates to economic decline.

I rest my case.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »

shamus

Actually, you need to read more and listen to windbags less.

Rubin is probably keeping us out of a freefall right now.  Phil Graham is the idiot that got us here, with Greenspan's help initially.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce