Author Topic: Il-2... new uber tank killer?  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Il-2... new uber tank killer?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
"Too bad we don't have the Ju-87G"

Indeed. Who asked for 37mms to IL-2 in the first place? I only remember seeing constant wishing for Ju87G.

Putting the big guns in IL-2 which is widely used in MA anyway is a bit strange choice since Ju87 we now have is not even the 20mm model with MG151/20s.  :huh

I hope we Luftweenies get either the 37mms or 20mms in Ju87...someday.

-C+
Many of us asked for the NS-37 gun package on the IL-2.  I think I first requested it when the IL-2 was originally added without them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 12:16:30 PM »
In the blue arena last night around A14 i think it was, the Il2 were having a field day with us spawning tanks out there but Rouge and i put them in there place real fast with 2 Warbles and they never came back,  ended the fun alittle to fast :aok

the Il2 is one to keep an eye on tho,  youll need to ad a WW or osti to the package now.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 03:58:58 PM »
The il2 has always been an uber tank killer, it's just more easier to kill a tank with the 37mm. What happened to the 2 250kg bombs and the 6 100kg bombs?
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »
haven't tested it on tanks yet, but i killed 4 planes with the new gun package, only wish i had more cannon :cry :cry
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »
After a bit of practice off line, I just tried it tonight in the LWA.  Sweet mother off all thats holy. :O  Line em up, squeeze,and poof dead tank.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »
Playing around offline, the HurriD's 40mm still seem to turret and kill the tanks with fewer shots.
I have just the opposite experience offline. IMHO Much easier to one shot a tiger turret. With the IL-2.
See Rule #4

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 01:14:14 AM »
I have just the opposite experience offline. IMHO Much easier to one shot a tiger turret. With the IL-2.

One shot damage goes to the HurriD.  However, the HurriD has only 15 shots compared to the Il2's 50's.  The HurriD will also recoil off target after one shot, while the Il2 barely flinches.  The Il2 also has a much higher ROF.

Pass for pass though, the Il2 has it hands down.  It can easily land 3-4 (6-8 rounds) hits at convergence range per pass, more if the pilot pushes it and fires closer than convergence range.

My main mission flying is Close Air Support, specifically focusing in on tank killing.  Killing with the HurriD is an art.  It's very difficult to do.  Now any goober can up and take out 2-4 tanks without really breaking a sweat.  I think it may need to be perked, though lightly.  Else it will pretty much just be the end of any GV missions that ups without full AAA support.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 04:23:35 AM »
Although the new guns are great as seen here.

You still get pinged up alot.

As for perking the IL-2 you'll be better off perking my noodle. :D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 08:06:46 AM »
One shot damage goes to the HurriD.  However, the HurriD has only 15 shots compared to the Il2's 50's.  The HurriD will also recoil off target after one shot, while the Il2 barely flinches.  The Il2 also has a much higher ROF.

Pass for pass though, the Il2 has it hands down.  It can easily land 3-4 (6-8 rounds) hits at convergence range per pass, more if the pilot pushes it and fires closer than convergence range.

My main mission flying is Close Air Support, specifically focusing in on tank killing.  Killing with the HurriD is an art.  It's very difficult to do.  Now any goober can up and take out 2-4 tanks without really breaking a sweat.  I think it may need to be perked, though lightly.  Else it will pretty much just be the end of any GV missions that ups without full AAA support.

I'm not convinced on what one is better on the one shot or if it needs a perk. I agree on the rest however. Tank plinking in the IId was bit more of a challenge. The upside to the IL2 is the possibility of... no longer will tards flying mg and he firing cannon ks by strafing.

No longer will it be a static gv fight. You better shoot and scoot, or be a sitting duck for the IL2.
See Rule #4

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »

I'm not convinced on what one is better on the one shot or if it needs a perk. I agree on the rest however. Tank plinking in the IId was bit more of a challenge. The upside to the IL2 is the possibility of... no longer will tards flying mg and he firing cannon ks by strafing.

No longer will it be a static gv fight. You better shoot and scoot, or be a sitting duck for the IL2.

Hitting a moving tank is easy.  In fact, it's easier to avoid the GV's guns when the GV is moving.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"