Author Topic: How to fly like an idiot  (Read 2128 times)

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: How to fly like an idiot
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »
So there IS a mass disinformation campaign?  :noid

Not only you can break all those rules, but in order to be "good" you must break them.  You must be able to surprise your opponent with the unexpected, trick him, beat him mentally,  before ACM will do anything for you.  I play this game 3 or 4 days a week.  The guys I fight that perform basic ACMs out of the book die after the first turn.  Not because I am good, know my plane, or anything that would indicate skill.  Because they are predictable.  I know where they will be after following an ACM rule out of the book, and I make sure my guns point there.

So really, I think you should stop giving advice or talk about how to be successful in this game until you actually figure it out yourself also.  BnZ , is the most predictable thing you could do.  The reason Bat could hit the impossible shots is because they were predictable.  He knew where to point his guns at.  Dos not always work, but hey, I miss AFK people from dead 6 at D200 also.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 02:37:01 AM »
I only watched the first video. I never knew a 109 could do that  :eek: I guess throttle control is a real good skill to learn. <S>

S! Joe, yes very much of it is to do with subtle throttle work.

BnZ lol :)  not so much disinformation, more one set of rules that was applicable to real life risk of death and another that can be applied to virtual life no risk of death.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 03:29:49 AM »
Nice films Bat - dont need any help in flying like an idiot - it comes naturally to me... :lol :D

When ya getting back in game fella?

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 03:40:07 AM »
S! wurzle, will be good to get back permanantly one day and get shot down by The Few again.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 03:50:26 AM »
That wasnt, and more than likely, never will be me.....lol...will be good to see ya back mate......

Now get your puter sorted, and get back in here will ya, sheesh....

;)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
Is there any other way to fly?  Sounds very familier to me :)

nope. all the fun is 5k and lower :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
It's important that you get shot down. In fact it is absoultely a crucial element to the very "sweetness" you mention. I'm not looking for an argument so please take a second to consider the following before you answer: If you NEVER lost, NEVER got shot down, what sweetness would victory hold?  Winning every time would quickly lose its joy.

This is why i fly with my left hand. :D

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 12:21:06 PM »
hey bat! nice to see you around.

I haven't flown the mossie a lot recently myself, i've returned to my spitfire roots. :D  i'm sure i'll return to it eventually however.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
S! Joe, yes very much of it is to do with subtle throttle work.

BnZ lol :)  not so much disinformation, more one set of rules that was applicable to real life risk of death and another that can be applied to virtual life no risk of death.

Bat: Roger. Bear with me, I have unreformed grognard tendencies and a bizarre desire to see stuff I've read about the real Aces doing working.

Another hobby of mine, which I am ashamed to say I have been neglecting, is learning to handle a two-handed sword EXACTLY the way Liechtenauer taught in 14th century...from such perverse things do I derive my jollies, that is where I'm coming from a lot of the time  :D