Author Topic: Mosquito  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Re: Mosquito
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »
Mine always gets hit and catches fire :D

It is way better than it used to be when 1 ping would light it up.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
IMHO the mossie needs a freshen up.
Spme 2 models and a new cockpit :D
painful, I tell ya,,,,
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »
Much as I love the Mossie, I'd prefer a gameplay update. Strat that means something, bridges that cut supply when knocked out, anything in fact.

Meh, I'm just a whinar.  :furious
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »
The difficulty for developers is they cannot please all the people all the time. Lucky if they please half the people half the time. At least with model updates HTC know their efforts will be appreciated and improve the game for everyone. Changing gameplay mechanics is a risky business and unrewarding in terms of customer satisfaction so finding a balance and sticking to it is far wiser. Not saying i wouldnt like to see gameplay tweaks and additions but just think of the difficulty of having to decide which customers to listen to.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 05:30:15 AM »
Yeah, understood. What we have now is no doubt "everybody's second choice", as opposed to the first choice of a subset of people. Commercially wise, but I can't face it anymore.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »
My biggest question is when overwhelming evidence is presented to HTC with regards to an inaacurate flight model with one of their planes why it isnt corrected.  It seems that many of the remedies could be applied rather easily.  There have been many threads on the Mossi in the past 8 mos.

The incorrect speed tables for the Mossi FB Mk IV have been noted many time, with printed sources, and yet nothing has been done.  I understand that there were some control/stall issues at one point and they corrected that, but the Mossi's biggest asset (besides being the best multi-role plane in WWII) was speed.  Robbing it of its biggest asset is a shame.  Evidently, those blasted flame dampeners are the culprit of the 5-15mph deficiency (5mph at 8k and 15 mph at 15k).  Those flame dampeners were present on less than %20 of the FB Mk IV, iirc.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.