Author Topic: Your thoughts on the Typhoon?  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Your thoughts on the Typhoon?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 01:39:41 PM »
I'd like to take a trip to see the last real Typhoon  someday, it's in Northern London at the RAF museum there. Sucks there is only one left, such a beautiful airplane.

Indeed -- it is a gorgeous plane.  Saw it last year with Gpwurzel and SF3.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »
Man, I'd hate to be the one on the other end of those Hispanos........

Great looking plane.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »
:noid Have to call BS on that one but to each his own. I never fly it above 8,000 and need no blinders nor spray and pray. Good plane in the right hands. Peddles a big plus.

I was making a comment on how most people do fly a typhie. I guess you can't spot sarcasm.

An LTAR speaking on airplanes is quite funny though  :lol

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »
Love the Plane. I prefer attack and aggression in a fight, and its perfect for that. The climb with 2 1000's straped and 100 percent fuel, is outstanding. You must really rely on rpm settings to conserve fuel though. I take it 9800 ft, and almost never go above 10k, maybe to climb up to a 12-14 k bomber, and thats it. If im in a fight, I man handle the thing, throwing huge rudder when i need to. The acceleration isnt good though, and try to keep it fairly fast. Once you lost your E, and theres more then 2, your in some doo-doo. Unless you can fanagile your way out. Which doesnt happen that much. Im absolutely amazed at the people who come in to ho me when im in a typhoon. I have no problem with it. I hold my shot, and as soon as i hear a gunshot, I open up. The turning aspect, obviously keep her rolling right, but in a situation when you cant I usually roll up and over to get the fight going my way. Zazen really put the planes characteristics into clear simple terms, but the only thing i could add was practice, like anything else. It also will get you ready for the Tempest. Basically a typhoon on Roids. The biggest difference for me, is I can now go to 15 as opposed to 10k. BTW about 60% of my flying is done is this plane. Im addicted to it. One more thing, the skins for it look great. It just looks like a mean mother^*&_*. I like that.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2009, 02:01:37 AM »
Err actually tiffie is my plane, I was raping squeakers with it when you were still in preschool ;)

:O  SOLID
frogs are people too

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2009, 02:03:26 AM »
Bruv got me into the TYPH when I first started playing AH2, good times Bruv, good times! :cool:

The Tempest really needs a graphics overhaul sooner rather than later, It's the only LW perk ride thats still sporting 10 year old textures. Can we get also get a version with 150 grade fuel too. :t

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2009, 04:56:33 AM »
I drove a BUS one time and yep it turned about like the typh, but it goes real good in a straight line !
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2009, 05:12:03 AM »
I seem to fly this thing more and more lately i started as just a bomber chaser in it but now i cant wait to up it and go crazy in a furball or over the top of one  :P. You guys think the roll rate is bad using a stick try using a mouse and fly it its worse  :lol lovely looking plane its got evil written all over it  :rock
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
Typhi is a fun plane I like it for mud moving when enemy aircraft are likely to be run into.  You can run into a target with a lot of speed drop your ords zoom back up and have enough E to deal with the red guys that uped.  It's biggest drawback is the very short range,  I thought my big block vettes were gas hogs but nothing compared to that thing :O

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
Dedalos was spot on in his description.  Basically, two types fly the Typhoon...females and manginas.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
The Typhoon is quite possibly one of the ugliest aircraft ever to fly.
Everything that the British did beautifully with the Spitfire they got hideously wrong with the Typhoon.
Aesthetically, of course.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »
The Typhoon is quite possibly one of the ugliest aircraft ever to fly.
Everything that the British did beautifully with the Spitfire they got hideously wrong with the Typhoon.
Aesthetically, of course.

To help visualize what Motherland is saying here is an example using two woman as examples of the visual aesthetics of each plane.

Spitfire

Typhoon

Now be honest with yourselves, which one would you rather 'ride'?

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:02:01 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »
To help visualize what Motherland is saying here is an example using two woman as examples of the visual aesthetics of each plane.

Spitfire
(Image removed from quote.)

Typhoon
(Image removed from quote.)

Now be honest with yourselves, which one you rather 'ride'?

ack-ack

so true
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
The second one look like she go "ride" for miles.  :lol

:aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer