Author Topic: whining about Nikki  (Read 1033 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: whining about Nikki
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
Whining about the Niki? You got 900 cannon rounds! It's a dog-fightin' bulldog. You don't need no stinkin' gauges!
Lighten up Francis

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »
personally, if you fly the nik all the time, you have no skills. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
I like to fight WingZero. He's got skill...IMO
Lighten up Francis

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the gauges either but that might have more to do with being used to the old ones for so long. I'm not sure which set was more realistic and don't really care. I think the planes were set just fine before in the way of views and cockpit design and fear the more they tinker with them the more complaints they may receive. 

I know a lot of time and effort went into them and because of that I can understand how I would hate to see someone complaining about something I tried to do for them. It's one thing to give people what they want and it's another to force them to See things your way by changing what they were used to.

So far as i know the F6 has caused the most uproar for the people who liked to fly them. JUST CAN"T SEE like you once were able to. Causes me to be shot down by unknowns to often. What was taken away from us far out weighs what were were given on this particular model. If this is a prelude to the changes that may be made in all AH planes i fear there will be more complaints.
there ya have it!  :aok  i started this thread, to see  how meny people get the point . as with all things in the game,  its no big deal till its done  a GV or plane that each person feels a connection too. change some thing [not always for the better] with out leaving the "old option" to the taste of the players >option A or option B & see what happens my rant of the gauges was only the softer of 4 complaints i have .i wanted to see the reaction of my peers when i took the path of least matters { six view and twelve forward view is also impaired  now in the nikki<
sandman

Offline Chemdawg

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
Wow...not quite sure what you just said....

Alot of work did go into the remake of the "inner" Niki so it will take some getting use to. Not so sure the flight model has changed. I can't see any substantial difference. I just started flying the Niki about 2 weeks before HTC updated. Trying to branch out of the FM2 and spitty realms trying to learn how to fight in a faster plane. Ooooo...sounds like a old new topic. :O

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 12:34:57 AM »
Ya and why post this,did you think HTC would change the instrument panel back to the generic one because your unhappy with it? (Image removed from quote.)
for someone who thinks this this topic was a waste  you seem to have no quams posting here :D
sandman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 07:03:13 AM »
I like the new look. I think its more "historic" seeing its runs more along the lines of the other Japanese planes. As for the views, I like them too. I tend to sit back away from the canopy in all of my views, it gives me a wider view and helps with my SA. I can see where if you like having your nose against the windscreen you might have a problem, but most fighters have a very small front windscreen.

The only thing that is constant, is CHANGE, so get use to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »

There are very few N1K pilots who don't go for every HO at every possible opportunity, even against 110s.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »

Go fly against Lute and then try and convince yourself your ignorant statement is true.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
i dislike the guages i realize alot of work goes in to it and i dont wish to be viewed as disrespectful but i think the old guages were fine the way they were :furious :cry :cry :cry
Fly something that isn't so dweebish...the gauges aren't the reason you're getting owned  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14