Author Topic: whining about Nikki  (Read 1036 times)

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
whining about Nikki
« on: September 23, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
i dislike the guages i realize alot of work goes in to it and i dont wish to be viewed as disrespectful but i think the old guages were fine the way they were :furious :cry :cry :cry
sandman

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
Re: whining about Nikki
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:03:54 PM »
I hardly fly the nikki anymore but I did once or twice since the update just to have a look and I like the way they look but it is going to take a while to get used to locating each of them.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
Your first post and its a b..ch,your going to fit right in here.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »
:rofl
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »
I think the new nikki has limited viewing capabilities.  You kinda have to look from the side to get the same views.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
I like it to be honest. It now looks like a KI, which is another Japanese plane btw. :P
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
I think he was E2Hawkeye or something...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »
I hardly fly the nikki anymore but I did once or twice since the update just to have a look and I like the way they look but it is going to take a while to get used to locating each of them.

Niki has changed! chased one the other day while in a tempest, spiraling dive at 450 mph it flat ran away! don't think they were that fast, and if so I don't think it should out turn a tempy at those speeds!

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 05:54:49 PM »
Niki has changed! chased one the other day while in a tempest, spiraling dive at 450 mph it flat ran away! don't think they were that fast, and if so I don't think it should out turn a tempy at those speeds!

not sure why you quoted me here but my comment was aimed at the appearance of the nikki not the abilities. I agree they have changed but I have not enough of an experience with them to tell how much the flight characteristics have changed and unless I read my own post wrong I didn't comment on it either way.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »
not sure why you quoted me here but my comment was aimed at the appearance of the nikki not the abilities. I agree they have changed but I have not enough of an experience with them to tell how much the flight characteristics have changed and unless I read my own post wrong I didn't comment on it either way.

Just trying to hijack the thread from complaints about asthetics to a more meaningful discussion, THAT IS ALL  :aok

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »
The new forward view in the niki is terrible. As soon as a plane pitchs up you completely lose sight of it. By appearances that new crossbar in the canopy is around 8 inches wide. :uhoh
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
I think he was E2Hawkeye or something...
not my first post and i must say the heading i decided to use  >> whining about nikki<< was fair warning to all who clicked on it  :lol :salute
sandman

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »
Ya and why post this,did you think HTC would change the instrument panel back to the generic one because your unhappy with it?
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the gauges either but that might have more to do with being used to the old ones for so long. I'm not sure which set was more realistic and don't really care. I think the planes were set just fine before in the way of views and cockpit design and fear the more they tinker with them the more complaints they may receive. 

I know a lot of time and effort went into them and because of that I can understand how I would hate to see someone complaining about something I tried to do for them. It's one thing to give people what they want and it's another to force them to See things your way by changing what they were used to.

So far as i know the F6 has caused the most uproar for the people who liked to fly them. JUST CAN"T SEE like you once were able to. Causes me to be shot down by unknowns to often. What was taken away from us far out weighs what were were given on this particular model. If this is a prelude to the changes that may be made in all AH planes i fear there will be more complaints.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
I'm with ya on the f6.I am all for fixing anything that takes away from the game,like not being able to see my six at all,but the instrument panel dose not take away from the game, it is just more like the Japanese birds panel was really like.I don't think we need to clog up HTC with stupid crying when their are so many other things to go over.