Author Topic: Mid war arena  (Read 9351 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Mid war arena
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »
The guys I saw today were attacking and taking Rook bases.

There were NO rooks in the arena. So there was NO chance of someone watching the map and catching them.

There were 2 Bish--we let them know we were there.

They chose to continue taking rook bases, until there were about 8 of them--THEN they came at us.

You guys are probably right about the "timing" .

But I also noticed that these guys seemed to suddenly disapear when the arena started to get a couple rooks on the roster.

Yeah it was different.

so why did you wait for them to come to you?

like i said before, i've not really ever had trouble finding someone to fihgt in there......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 07:43:15 AM »
Stang, could those guys have been from the S.O.A.R. squadron?  They are the reason I never frequent the EWA, any more.  Just asking, so I won't visit the MWA and see their milking, donkey bottoms.

very few soars in the mw. think i've seen one of em in the last couple months........

there's more lw alt monkeys than soars in there lately. :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 07:43:47 AM »
The 1st time I went and upped a plane, and although there were maybe 10 guys in there, I could find no-one to fight.
1st (and only) plane I encountered was a 190 who promptly HO'd me.(no complaint there, at least he tried to engage me)
So I re-up and "try" to encounter him again.
Alas to no avail , run climb run climb run climb run run run ,at about 10 minutes after the engagement began and at aprox. 20k,I gave up.
All the while, Rook bases are dropping like flies. There were no Rooks on the roster , aprox 8 Nits , 2 Bish.
Is this the way it always is in the MW?
If so, I can now understand why it is usually comparatively empty.
I thought I would go into the MW and actually learn something.
I guess I did.

There are a lot of points here I agree with. No disrespect toward HiTech & Crew, but the EW/MW idea evidently is not popular. I like the earlier rides, but with next to no one willing to fight with, and with those that choose to run away, it proves not to be a very interesting environment. So I will fly my early rides in the Late War Monster Arena, much the same way as when we had one arena with a 750 cap.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 08:00:58 AM »
It seems like the attitudes have gotten more like LW in MW recently :(.  Went to get an hour in, and after about 30mins i am already hated.  0 Bish, 3 Knits, 4 Rooks, so obviously i go Bish (always go to lowest side when i can), and start defending a Vbase under attack.  After about 5 tries to get it, only 1 person attacking, i managed to get him all mad, and I quote:
"? ? ?:keep V3 you want it that bad"
"Xcelsior:only base that comes under attack"
"Xcelsior: where else would i defend"
"? ? ?:how about logging?"

Are people really this bad about wanting to pork base with no resistance?  That person logged about 5 minutes later.
All the other Nits/Rooks were fighting over a small island, obviously he was too good to join them, I would have if i didn't have to worry about the V-base. :D

User name has been concealed to cover identity
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 08:13:07 AM »
There are a lot of points here I agree with. No disrespect toward HiTech & Crew, but the EW/MW idea evidently is not popular. I like the earlier rides, but with next to no one willing to fight with, and with those that choose to run away, it proves not to be a very interesting environment. So I will fly my early rides in the Late War Monster Arena, much the same way as when we had one arena with a 750 cap.
well, here's the key. try mw around 9ish or so on weeknights eastern time. you'll find 20 to 50 or so in there. check the bardar.
 up your favorite ride, and head towards that bardar at about 5k or so. you'll find plenty of good fights.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 08:22:11 AM »
Well , I went into the mid war arena today, it was my second visit there.

The 1st time I went and upped a plane, and although there were maybe 10 guys in there, I could find no-one to fight.

Finding a good fite in MW depends on the map.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »

there's more lw alt monkeys than soars in there lately. :noid

Aint that the truth. Saw a couple of em picking over a nice little furball so I upped from a field a sector away. Once I got there the Altmonkeys ran away. Its funny how some just don't want to have anything to do with a fight where they might possibly get shot down.

And yeah sometimes the MW is dead and boring. That's why we have other arenas to go to. Every once in awhile it's quite fun to disrupt the milkers in EW. If you taunt them right they will fight you but it will be 1 v many.
325th Checkertails

Offline GhostBer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 08:30:12 AM »
I used to fly with the Muffin Munchers out of MW and we NEVER had a problem finding a good fight.  Some of the best fights i have had were out of that arena.  It really depends on what time of day you go in there and what day you go in there. Yes, LW are more popular but i think it is simply because of the aircraft and the ENY ratings you get in MW.  Some of the aircraft are turned off due to ENY and that to me is annoying. I understand why the ENY is there but remember i pay for this and i should be able to fly what i want.  I now fly out of LW for the Black Aces and i have not run into any of this "Elitist" stuff that is being talked about. All of the guys i fly with now have all been flying in LW for a while and i flew with them for one night and decided to join there squad. They have all been friendly and very helpful.  THIS is what i signed up for in the first place!

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »

hold on there slim!  :furious if you don't like mid then don't come there, but there are alot of us that fly there and good fights to be had, usualy after 5 pm central!
 some of the people i know, only fly there, and all they do is look for good fights! it is not perfect, but it is what alot of people pay there $15 a month for,so if it isn't your cup of tea, thats fine, and if you want too fight me, get a tank! cause thats what i do and why i like mid. war, were the Tiger is still the king! or just let me know and i'll up some kinda plane so you can shoot me down, but if all you wanted was an air fight , why not just go to the D.A.?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:17:35 AM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 09:36:08 AM »

hold on there slim!  :furious if you don't like mid then don't come there, but there are alot of us that fly there and good fights to be had, usualy after 5 pm central!
 some of the people i know, only fly there, and all they do is look for good fights! it is not perfect, but it is what alot of people pay there $15 a month for,so if it isn't your cup of tea, thats fine, and if you want too fight me, get a tank! cause thats what i do and why i like mid. war, were the Tiger is still the king! or just let me know and i'll up some kinda plane so you can shoot me down, but if all you wanted was an air fight , why not just go to the D.A.?

RIGHT ON!! :aok
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »

well said sir
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »
For me and the time of day i get to play being on GMT time means EW and MW arenas are just a waste
of space and time for me.Since the arenas were split i have never seen more then 20 people in them There ok If
you fly on American time zones but for all others there are basicaly useless.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:37 AM »
For me and the time of day i get to play being on GMT time means EW and MW arenas are just a waste
of space and time for me.Since the arenas were split i have never seen more then 20 people in them There ok If
you fly on American time zones but for all others there are basicaly useless.

yep unless its the weekend.

I liked HTC's original idea of late rides only in the late war arena but it kicked up such a big stink he changed it after a few days to allow all planes again.  I know guys like fighting against the better planes but that made Late war, the old main arena with a cap.  It didnt give the EW/MW a chance.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »

:salute :rock  Yayyy Whiskey
A few squaddies of mine and I had this conversation the other night (CAP I'm pretty sure you can guess who).  MW has gotten to where a lot of people are just gv'ing or flat out taking bases.  I know one squad in there takes quite a few on the Knight side and they absolutely love when there's some opposition.  I think a lot of the Knights got tired of the Rooks doing the same thing a few months ago.  The arena has ebbs and flows and you have to learn how to roll with it.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
And how is this different than flying in LW with 20 other guys NOE to some far flung undefended base and circlejerking each other about how great you are?

No less different than defecting and spying on it.

ROX