Author Topic: Mid war arena  (Read 9352 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Mid war arena
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »
For me and the time of day i get to play being on GMT time means EW and MW arenas are just a waste
of space and time for me.Since the arenas were split i have never seen more then 20 people in them There ok If
you fly on American time zones but for all others there are basicaly useless.

damn!!!!! you figured out the conspiracy. you weren't supposed to realize that we were trying to weed out all you brits. :D :rofl :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2008, 11:59:53 AM »
:salute :rock  Yayyy Whiskey
A few squaddies of mine and I had this conversation the other night (CAP I'm pretty sure you can guess who).  MW has gotten to where a lot of people are just gv'ing or flat out taking bases.  I know one squad in there takes quite a few on the Knight side and they absolutely love when there's some opposition.  I think a lot of the Knights got tired of the Rooks doing the same thing a few months ago.  The arena has ebbs and flows and you have to learn how to roll with it.

yep, i think i might know who you're talking about.

i agree with the love of the opposition too. helll, when there's not too many air cons, and i see a good tank battle happening, i jump into a panzer or t34, and try to help. unfortunatly, i'm generally just bait to keep em distracted whilst you guys that can hit targets in them, do the killing, but tank battles are almost as much fun as a good furball.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »
I liked HTC's original idea of late rides only in the late war arena but it kicked up such a big stink he changed it after a few days to allow all planes again.  I know guys like fighting against the better planes but that made Late war, the old main arena with a cap.  It didnt give the EW/MW a chance.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline FireDragon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »
Can any one answer honesty HOW they choose the area they enter.......I always look for squadies first..its a krap shoot if you can get in that area or not.... My second choice used to be higher numbers think bigger numbers mean better chance for a fight.....now i log in to mw first( if no squadies are on} and see whats going on....

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »
Can any one answer honesty HOW they choose the area they enter.......I always look for squadies first..its a krap shoot if you can get in that area or not.... My second choice used to be higher numbers think bigger numbers mean better chance for a fight.....now i log in to mw first( if no squadies are on} and see whats going on....

ICHOOSE BY WHERE I KNOW I'LL FIND FIGHTS.

in the lw arenas anytime i've gone in there, i almost always find some guy waaayy up in the ionoshpere diving on me. not so in mw.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »
What a bunch of bollocks ... you can always find fights in the MW ... you just have to know how to find them (read the map) or how to start them.

Those that can't find fights in the MW aren't really looking for "fights" ... they are looking for LW fights ... the ones that they can pick from their altitude perch while someone else is doing all the work below.

Here's a couple of clues ...

Log into the side with the least amount of players on it ... look for the largest dar bar attacking one of your fields ... rocket science here.

Log into the side with the least amount of players on it ... fly to an enemy base (the enemy with the most amount of players) ... start shooting the ack at the town ... guaranteed you will get uppers and all the fights you can handle.

You want fights ... look for myself, AKAK, the Hired Guns, or Satans Playmates ... go to an opposite team and "ask for a fight" or ask where we/they are at ... guaranteed you will get a fight.

For those that feel sorry for the MW arena ... please don't ... we like it just the way it is ... we don't want it to turn into another LW testosterone cesspool ... granted, we could always use some more people that do want to "fight", but leave the LW bravado at the door.

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »
very nice :salute
Flying since tour 71.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
What a bunch of bollocks ... you can always find fights in the MW ... you just have to know how to find them (read the map) or how to start them.

Those that can't find fights in the MW aren't really looking for "fights" ... they are looking for LW fights ... the ones that they can pick from their altitude perch while someone else is doing all the work below.

Here's a couple of clues ...

Log into the side with the least amount of players on it ... look for the largest dar bar attacking one of your fields ... rocket science here.

Log into the side with the least amount of players on it ... fly to an enemy base (the enemy with the most amount of players) ... start shooting the ack at the town ... guaranteed you will get uppers and all the fights you can handle.

You want fights ... look for myself, AKAK, the Hired Guns, or Satans Playmates ... go to an opposite team and "ask for a fight" or ask where we/they are at ... guaranteed you will get a fight.

For those that feel sorry for the MW arena ... please don't ... we like it just the way it is ... we don't want it to turn into another LW testosterone cesspool ... granted, we could always use some more people that do want to "fight", but leave the LW bravado at the door.

if there's no bardars anywhere in mw, i just pick a base, and go attack it. works every time
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »
I find the Mid-War to be more appealing and exciting than the Late-War arenas to be honest.  There isn't as much riff raff in the earlier arenas.  You actually can get into some great dog fights and battles in the early arenas where its mainly a tug-of-war contest all of the time in the Late-War.  If not a tug-of-war, it becomes a slaughter - Which team can up the most planes and cap the most fields in the least amount of time.

Wish more people played in the Mid-War or even AvA for that matter.
Mak

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »
Wish more people played in the Mid-War or even AvA for that matter.

I'll second that. AvA seems like a neat idea to me, but the numbers in AvA makes the MWA look like downtown Tokyo.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
if there's no bardars anywhere in mw, i just pick a base, and go attack it. works every time

Yup ... pissin' in someone's pool works ... apparently some just can't figure that out ... the "fight" has to come to them on their terms.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »
:huh

sorry, vicadin and ibprofen do that to ya.  :salute
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »

No less different than defecting and spying on it.

ROX

People, you just can't fix stupid.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »
People, you just can't fix stupid.

We tried to help you...

The doctors said there was nothing we could do.

ROX