Author Topic: David Letterman speaks the truth..  (Read 4656 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: David Letterman speaks the truth..
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »
The deal is done...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/economy/deal_reached/index.htm?postversion=2008092513

Does this mean McCain still won't debate on Friday or what will his excuse be next?
"strafing"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2008, 01:58:15 PM »
Again another  Liberal point of view...here we are in the probably the biggest financal crisis
that could ruin this country and the libs think we should have a debate... stupidity at it finest.

Do you liberals understand that we as a country could go under at any time?? do you
understand what in the he@@ is at stake here??...geez you guys are f en dumb arses.

I got an Idea, lets have all the goverment take a week off and  have a dancing with the goverment contest!!
Instead of figuring out a way to save the country lets Dance!!!!

So just exactly what do you think McCain being in the Senate right now is gonna do to save us?

He hasn't been there in quite some time, so I'm sure the Senators that have been there this whole time are much more qualified to handle this. 

Wouldn't having a debate between the 2 men who are about to take control of this country and have the chance to make a difference in the economy be alot better, so the American people get the opportunity to see just where these 2 stand, and just what they plan to do about it?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »
The deal is done...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/25/news/economy/deal_reached/index.htm?postversion=2008092513

Does this mean McCain still won't debate on Friday or what will his excuse be next?
Of course not, this way McCain can cancel the VP debate.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »
I don't know why you guys are so down on McCain. He's a democrats in republican clothing. You can't really lose either way this election!

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2008, 02:04:57 PM »
Sure lets talk about it between canidates and while thats happening the country goes broke.

There is plenty of time for debates. just another subject for the libs to make a big
deal about. I really don't think Mcain is afraid to debate...I think he will blow
Obama out of the water.  Its a fact and you will see. Kinda like Bush did to Kerry

See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2008, 02:13:13 PM »
Sure lets talk about it between canidates and while thats happening the country goes broke.

There is plenty of time for debates. just another subject for the libs to make a big
deal about. I really don't think Mcain is afraid to debate...I think he will blow
Obama out of the water.  Its a fact and you will see. Kinda like Bush did to Kerry

Debate, Debate, Debate.....or cower! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JAGED

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
"I post facts.   If I post anything thats not a fact, I ask if people know whether it is fact or drivel first..."    SkyRock (ROFL LMFAO)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »

Still, what is McCain gonna do in the Senate that the Senators that have been there this whole time can't?  I mean are we gonna look back and say "Thank god McCain went back to the Senate and saved the economy"?  It's an obvious political ploy to get votes. 

Wouldn't hearing what plans he has to actually fix this when he becomes president in a few months do more.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2008, 02:26:09 PM »
I don't know why you guys are so down on McCain. He's a democrats in republican clothing. You can't really lose either way this election!

Actually, I liked McCain a year or two ago. At the start of the campaigns he was the only Republican out of the group that I wasn't scared of for this country. The problem is since he's been on the campaign trail, he has turned into a say anything to get elected politician and has shown a rash of bad choices.

Up until he picked Palin to be VP, I still wasn't totally against him, but of course I'd rather have a Democrat win. McCain was my best of the worst pick in a sense, however now after seeing more of McCain's past and the poor choices he's made, I just see him as another Bush. Hell a year ago I might have thought of voting for McCain, but no way in hell would I vote for the McCain of today.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:33:12 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
One other thing, if McCain truly thinks he can fix the economy, and Obama can't, wouldn't making sure you become president so you can put your plan into action be a little bit more important then sitting in the Senate while the Senators who have been there and know exactly whats happening & going on do what they can?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »
Actually, I liked McCain a year or two ago. At the start of the campaigns he was the only Republican out of the group that I wasn't scared of for this country. The problem is since he's been on the campaign trail, he has turned into a say anything to get elected politician and has shown a rash of bad choices.

Up until he picked Palin to be VP, I still wasn't totally against him, but of course I'd rather have a Democrat win. McCain was my best of the worst pick in a sense, however now after seeing more of McCain's past and the poor choices he's made, I just see him as another Bush. Hell a year ago I might have thought of voting for McCain, but no way in hell would I vote for the McCain of today.
You sound like a party-line voter, rather than voting the issues...

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »
You sound like a party-line voter, rather than voting the issues...

I vote on the issues that are important to me just like anyone else. Keeping the Religious Right out of the top office happens to be one of those issues that is high on my list. Palin wants to mix her Religious views with political power and I'm very against that.
"strafing"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2008, 02:37:28 PM »
I vote on the issues that are important to me just like anyone else. Keeping the Religious Right out of the top office happens to be one of those issues that is high on my list. Palin wants to mix their Religious views with political power and I'm very against that.
But Obama attends Church!  A nutter church at that! I've not seen McCain's church in the headlines!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »
I don't know..  so far in the only thing that resembled a debate between Mccain and osamabinbiden..   the messiah got slaughtered by everyones assessment of the debate...  "it is above my pay grade" is not a good answer for the commander in chief of the United states.

Besides..   do any of you (not the knee pad metrosexual group) really want to hear the messiah go "and... uh uh and uh... reasonable.. uh and uh and uh... "  for half a debate?

lazs

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »
But Obama attends Church!  A nutter church at that! I've not seen McCain's church in the headlines!

I could care less if Obama was  Muslim or if Palin was a snake charmer. The difference is Obama isn't trying to push his religious views in my face and dictate what schools can teach based on personal religious beliefs. What church they go to or what they belief in, behind the closed doors of their homes is their business not mine. However if they try to push that religious agenda on me it becomes my problem.
"strafing"