Author Topic: Fair Play  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Fair Play
« on: September 26, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
With all due respect to everyone, this is by no means a whine, this event brings the need to address how the ENY calculations are being made, I may be looking at this wrong so please bear with me. this isn't meant to incite a riot or dig up old dirt simply to level the field of play in all aspects.

First let me say that ENY is what it is.  Some people like it some do not and this is not up for debate here. 

My discussion isn't so much about ENY but how and when its applied during game play and how it should be adjusted in a way when certain events happen as I will discuss the events of what I saw last night, let me give you the low down that leads to this post.

There were 73 Bish, 46 Knights, 66 Rooks in game.  Bish of course had an ENY that fluctuated from 8-20 ENY.  NOTE: All three fronts were fighting against each other and NME dars were evenly matched at each front.

The biggest furball was at base A1 where the Knights were bringing the fight to the Bish Field, I don't think the fight ever made it out of Bish Dar, so bish still may have had numbers but not an advantage, so ENY worked effectively keeping it a fair fight and not one base capture was made on that front.

However, on the rook side, they too were bringing the fight to Bish bases looking for furballers, yet did not defend other bases with the exception of a few defenders, we took 3 bases with 5 players, not a horde of Bish, but with 5.  They continued to come at one Bish base in droves to furball, while they choose to do so they were unaware of the entire attacking front and leaving us to capture them.

The Rooks had the Knights pushed back to the uncapturables and Knights were engaging the rooks to get them back.  So they were fighting for some time. Base captures were back and forth between them.

This scenario stated above was actual and ENY, well, if you agree with it or not, was in place since bish "had the numbers"..... Fair enough.

However, at a point in the game it was as if a truce was called between the Rooks and Knights since the pressure at both fronts were overwhelming and obviously something changed.  This change is my concern to keep it "FAIR".

When this event happened I observed on the map that Not ONE single Con or Base were either being attacked, flashing, in air period on the Rook/Knight front.  Very evident from moments before, that the bright young minds down there called a truce and decided to Push Back the BISH.  "Fair Enough"  This has not been the first time this has happened and by no means am I saying for it to stop, but if it is allowed and will continue than it needs to be "FAIR" for everyone.  I will point this out to you below.

Now with all the dynamics of what happened above, my point is:
Bish did have the numbers and was penalized with an ENY for doing so. 
When this shift happened, now Bish were out numbered at one point by 50 players by adding the Rook and Knights players together and BISH still had an ENY, the "UNITED FRONT" however did not.

Regardless of which chess piece you are and how you enjoy to play the game, either captures, GV'ing, furballs, milkruns, pick, run, etc. etc. how is this fair for ALL players that want to enjoy the game and play it the way they want?

How is it fair for a any chess piece to fight with an ENY that prevents the use of uber rides to defend against the NME, then have the two fronts attack only the piece that has the ENY? 

HTC- Please make some adjustment for when this happens, so that the receiving end is not fighting a fight with BOTH hands tied behind its back thus keeping it a "FAIR" fight. 
Factor in the activity or lack thereof between the other front, when there is no activity between a front they are obviously attacking in a united front.  Why not implement an ENY on that united front.  NME is NME, when they combine there numbers and efforts to attack one side, they have no restriction so theoretically a side could be outnumbered by 200% without no restrictions. 

Don't get me wrong, if this tactic is warranted and is going to be used more often, than an adjustment needs to be made to keep it "FAIR" for ALL players.  One side should not be penalized for the lack of skill or effort of the other two when they combine and this game is not about just furballing in some gigantic horde.  If two sides need to combine and form one GIGANTIC HORDE in an effort to overwhelm the one side, then that should be penalized accordingly as well. 

:salute

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:03:35 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: HTC-ENY Adjustments/Calculations for United Fronts
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »
I find it hard to believe that our beloved nits would ever form an alliance with the evil, Nasa-cadet, wannabe rooks.  Got any pics of the map?

How could the game be coded to "know" when two sides have an alliance? :confused:  ENY never bothers me much because I just keep upping less competitive aircraft or I switch arenas.  Anyway, keep things in perspective.  The nits get rolled all the time by you organized, win-the-war bish, maybe it was time for some payback? :t  And it's just a game.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 08:49:54 AM »
I find it hard to believe that our beloved nits would ever form an alliance with the evil, Nasa-cadet, wannabe rooks.  Got any pics of the map?

How could the game be coded to "know" when two sides have an alliance? :confused:  ENY never bothers me much because I just keep upping less competitive aircraft or I switch arenas.  Anyway, keep things in perspective.  The nits get rolled all the time by you organized, win-the-war bish, maybe it was time for some payback? :t  And it's just a game.

I did take snapshots of the map, I have no idea how to post them here.

I too draw blanks how to determine or "know" when two sides have formed an alliance, thats why I dont get paid the big bucks. 

Getting some payback may be well deserved, but keeping it "fair" is the goal of this thread and being able to defend against lower ENY planes when ENY is placed upon the recieving side.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline nikomon

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

ENY never bothers me much because I just keep upping less competitive aircraft or I switch arenas. 

MY definition of ENV: Kinda like having a gun fight using a .380 vs. the banana clip felon using the AK47.  :devil

"INTEGRITY is doing the right thing when no one else is watching."
Flying Since:Tour 87 4/2007
RT KOTH CHAMPION 2009-2010

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Re: Fair Play
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 03:58:58 PM »

However, on the rook side, they too were bringing the fight to Bish bases looking for furballers, yet did not defend other bases with the exception of a few defenders, we took 3 bases with 5 players, not a horde of Bish, but with 5.  They continued to come at one Bish base in droves to furball, while they choose to do so they were unaware of the entire attacking front and leaving us to capture them.

5 players would be a medium size horde.

:noid
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »
There was a large furball going on on the Knight-Rook front the whole time that Dadsguns was complaining about being gangbanged over 200 (at least the time I was on, apparently he had been at it for a while before I logged on as well). The only place Knights were engaged on the Bish front was the constant A1-A2 furball.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »
This has been going on forever.  That's why I've always advocated a localized ENY although the implementation would be difficult.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
This has been going on forever.  That's why I've always advocated a localized ENY although the implementation would be difficult.
Now that is a interesting idea, localize ENY, would that be to a base, sector or to heavily populated section of the map? As to Dadsguns post I am in agreement with him, not because we in the same squad but trying to get a fair balance in this game is a difficult task. One idea I had is to work it just like a moderators due for vox & text in game, why not do the same thing for countries that are being ganged on by the other two contries no matter who it is. The moderator could possibly adjust ENY for current events and return them to automatic once the balance has been restored, of course Hitech would choose who these people would be and it could be more than one, just a thought. 

DCCBOSS :salute
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
There was a large furball going on on the Knight-Rook front the whole time that Dadsguns was complaining about being gangbanged over 200 (at least the time I was on, apparently he had been at it for a while before I logged on as well). The only place Knights were engaged on the Bish front was the constant A1-A2 furball.

Then you were there well after the fact, after pointing it out they started to engage each other again.

Boss, could you imagine what could happen when that magic ENY box is put into the wrong hands....lmao
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:50:03 PM by Dadsguns »

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:06:05 PM »
What would happen if it were in mine...... *starts evil laugh* Man, free 262s for everyone! :devil
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »
MY definition of ENV: Kinda like having a gun fight using a .380 vs. the banana clip felon using the AK47.  :devil

It ain't hard to find a plane to fight with up to 30 ENY.  Only then does it get hard.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »
However, at a point in the game it was as if a truce was called between the Rooks and Knights since the pressure at both fronts were overwhelming and obviously something changed.  This change is my concern to keep it "FAIR".

TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 02:57:42 PM »
The nits get rolled all the time by you organized, win-the-war bish, maybe it was time for some payback? :t  And it's just a game.

I couldn't agree more! I cannot count how many times ive logged in to see the Knit-Bish, Knit-rook front burning bigger than California in the summer but absolutely NO fighting on the Bish-rook front.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 04:47:02 AM »
What if the ENY at each air base was determined by the number of aircraft in flight from that certain base?
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59:06 AM »
How is it fair for a any chess piece to fight with an ENY that prevents the use of uber rides to defend against the NME, then have the two fronts attack only the piece that has the ENY? 
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Use a Spit5; take 2 kills, go home, get another, repeat until enemy defeated. :devil

AH is an air combat sim with a strategic element to it; thus it simulates war.  War is not fair, thus AH need not attempt to sim "fair"; however it does attempt it with the ENY calculations.  Therefore it is equitable in a manner that would never have existed in a real war.

PLUS you may have as many cartoon airplanes, thus lives, as you wish (or the spouse will allow) for $15/month.  :salute

Fight Like a Girl