Author Topic: Amazing fight today Jug vs P-51  (Read 188 times)

TheWobble

Amazing fight today Jug vs P-51
« on: February 07, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
I was tooling around on Zapkins H2H game in my new favorite ride the JUG, I was loaded to the brim and was headed to a40 to make some hurt, as I was coming in at about 13k i was doing bout 250 without wep (heavy load) then I saw a glint behind me and i know it was a damn 51, I did a shallow dive and fired my 10 rockets and dropping all my bombs on a40 from about 10k (killd lots of stuff too amaxingly) and turned twords the co-alt 51 and it was on.  We had at it for about 10 min, and I dont mean that round and round crap I mean REAL tactics, I finally won by letting him come up real fast on my six, i was doing about 275 and he had just dove from about 5k above me and he was really truckin, when he closed to 1.1k i make a sharp turn left and let his e carry him right past me, I then turned right and was behind him he tried to extend but had drained his E trying to turn with me, I had lost very little and was still at 250, he tried in vain to extend but I got him.  It was the BEST fight I have ever had.

oh btw his name was "Phalic"

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 02-09-2001).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
Uh... interesting story, but it should not be in this forum Wobble.  Please put this kind of thing in General or the O' Club.

------------------
Lephturn - Aces High Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
Let me understand ... you were 275mph with a Jug, then you broke left, then you turn left again (more than 90deg I guess) and you still had 250mph?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by gatt:
Let me understand ... you were 275mph with a Jug, then you broke left, then you turn left again (more than 90deg I guess) and you still had 250mph?

Then the alarm went off and he woke up  

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2001, 02:24:00 PM »
Hmmmm, I guess 2 lefts DO make a right after all....

TheWobble

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
LOL!  i mean left right!  Ugghh im not good at remembering, i live in the moment,  it was probably the funnest fight I have ever had though, later last night me and Virage had a similar fight but he was in a 109 and won that one.  I love the jug.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2001, 06:13:00 PM »
I love fights like that. There what I'm on here for. A few weeks ago BUG322 got into it at about 20-25k. I was in a 109F-4 and he was in a P-38. It seemed like it took an hour for the fight to end. It took us down to the deck. Like you said it wasn't on of those endless circles we diced it up. Finally I got impatient and went for a snap shot and got out of position. After what seemed like another hour on the deck doing my damnedest to get BUG off my but he got me. Even though I lost it was a great fight. The kind I pay for. <S> BUG that is still the best one I've been in.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2001, 07:06:00 PM »
Who cares about H2H pansy play???

There is a Forum for H2H.....

TheWobble

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2001, 07:55:00 PM »
SCREW YOU SKERNSK.    
 I would say dogfights would be considered GAMEPLAY, and I am giving FEEDBACK
Hence the title of this Forum, now go find a Jerk section.

[This message has been edited by TheWobble (edited 02-08-2001).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2001, 02:15:00 AM »
Oh no, this is definitely gameplay-feedback. A Jug at 275mph doing a 360deg turn and catching a faster P51D is something to talk about   LOL

TheWobble are you sure you were not in a Niki? Amazing flight model  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

TheWobble

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2001, 03:19:00 AM »
"Jug at 275mph doing a 360deg turn "

"i make a sharp turn left and let his e carry him right past me, I then turned right and was behind him"

since when does turning left then right make a complete circle?
I would hate to have to ask you for directions to get somewhere.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2001, 03:45:00 AM »
Hmmmm, I remember a left turn and left another one in your original post. Before the edit I mean. Anyway, dont ask me after my beer session  

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 02-10-2001).]

TheWobble

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2001, 04:09:00 AM »
I mistyped it orignally, fixed it...2 lefts would be 180 degrees, it would take 4 to do 360.....duh

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
TheWobble, I know what your getting at. Forget these guys. I sounds like a great, fun fight. The kind we are on AH for. H2H or MA it doen't matter. <S>

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-10-2001).]