Author Topic: Paintball  (Read 1015 times)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
Re: Paintball
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »
I used to play a bit, got addicted to it when I took my stepson to play one night.  Bought a spider E-something, then a SP Impulse, then a SP Shocker that I tricked out with a ramping board etc.  I found that watching guns on Ebay, buying them, and upgrading them was more fun than actually playing for me.  Not to many outdoor games here when I was into it.  There is a decent indoor field here, quite large and open, problem is all the teams go there to practice against us civilians.  Not much fun being pinned down from beginning to end by guys who don't have to actually pay for their paintballs and shoot about 1000 per round when you are scraping together enough money for a case of paint to split 3 ways.  I always thought woods ball looked funner.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 05:28:05 PM »
ur a dumb piece of poop dont hate the player hate the game

You're one of those guys I call "Dutch Boys" on the field.   You have your high speed, tricked out, super mod hot rod 30bps and think just because you empty your gun out first, you're better.

all the proliferation to rapid fire guns has cheapened the sport. the more you spend on the gun, the faster you can shoot which gives a distinct advantage to those individuals willing ar able to spend more.

I think single shot is the only truly competitive way to play.

68valu, you are VERY correct.   

I have this in my basement:

A Tippmann 68 Carbine bought in 97 with a Dye Boomstick and new bolt.   Semi Auto and uncannily accurate out to 50 yards.   At that distance you cannot hear it at all.   I used to be Semi-Pro, now I'll attend the Monster Games at Hell Survivor's MI.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 07:29:13 PM »
My Gun

(Image removed from quote.)

My gun with the 12" "Freak Barrel" on it. (8" barrel below)

(Image removed from quote.)

I currently have:

1 - 3000 psi No2 tank
3 - 20 Oz Co2 tank
1 - 9 oz Co2 tank

but I'm thinking of getting a 5000 psi No2 tank to go along with the other No2 (I get about 500 shots before I need to refill my No2. I'm also going to try and find a new buttstock so I can look down the iron sights with my mask on, and try and find a good red-dot sight (maybe  :) ). I'm also going to see if I can find a APEX or FLATLINE barrel to replace my freak barrel. I just don't know which is better yet. My friend has a APEX and that seems to be great, but I have yet to see a FLATLINE in action yet.

I'm also thinking about taking up Airsoft just for fun since it's cheaper.
----------------------------

Oh, btw. Does anyone know what Paintball Magazine might have covered the Castle Conquest at EMR last Saturday? There was someone there taking pictures saying they were for a Paintball Magazine, but he didn't say which one. I'm wondering because I may be in it!  :D
I recommend that you get a coil remote it give u more room since the tank isn't in the way. And if you do make sure it has "Slide checK" it's easier. Mabye 'Action Pursuit Games' magazine has something on EMR, they always have stuff like that in there take a look.
OEF 11-12

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 07:35:33 PM »
I'll try to remember to get some pics of my CCI Phantom, its my baby, or at least it was.  Now I'm jonesing to play again  :rolleyes:
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown