Author Topic: Beware who you piss off  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
Re: Beware who you piss off
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 05:47:52 PM »
I dont think anyone knows how high I jumped or how loud I screamed when u said that!
Geet that ddon yer Piehole or I'll heedboot yer face, yee keen wha ahhm on aboot dont ya!  :P

(I am allowed to make fun of glaswegians, Im a scot an all! lol)

Well, I don't normally like making sweeping generalisations but I think it's a reasonable assumption that the German armies of both world wars were not scared of any other nation's military force.  However when they referred to the batallions of a small country within a small island off the coast of France as "The ladies from Hell" I imagine the average German soldier felt a slight tingle of apprehension and fear at the sound of the bagpipes and the shouts of the Highlands, and who wouldn't.

It's sad though that the kilt is not a Scottish invention.

Regards to all my haggis eating relatives and friends.  :)
Whisky

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »
Guy brought a gun to a Con cause I useda give him such a ration online.
He was such a tool it was just a natural thing I did.

LOL.

Then we met face to face .. talked for several hours, became good friends.

(no.. it wasn't Fencer. Fencer was such a dweeb wannabe colonel online and pure suit-dweeb persona lacking any form of credibility in person I just never could regard him as other than pure dweeb, but ..that's just me)

-GE

Ahhh Dutch, what an interesting individual.  Took DoK's custom built 1/48 scale Fw190 that Vossman did for him to build a case for it and never sent it to DoK for YEARS.  I was astonished with the detail that Jay put into this FW.  Had switches and levers in the cockpit, had the seat straps with the buckles and everything.  Vossman sure could build nice models.  Eventually Dutch sent it and it was all busted up.

And I was gonna point out that everyone has an online stalker if you run a unit for any length of time in online gaming.  Thanks for doing that for me.  :aok  GE talks a big game but he is a sweet nice man in person.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:04:49 PM by Fencer51 »
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
A8Tool, how old were you at that time?

Unfortunately, being 16 myself, I am not overly impressed... :eek: :huh
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »
I have a watford gap service station tea bag and I'm going to slip it into Tilts tea pot....muhahaha

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 11:02:04 PM »
A8Tool, how old were you at that time?

Unfortunately, being 16 myself, I am not overly impressed... :eek: :huh

It wasn't meant to impress.

14 years ago when you were 2 many people had no idea how to operate a computer let alone know what dangers the internet had. I grew up like many before you having been taught to respect and honor people, especially my elders. The internet brought faceless people together with other faceless people of all ages. It made it very easy for the ignorant and cowardly of the world to say things to others they would dare not say in public to each other. There was no consequence in doing so unless you were stupid enough to fall into a trap like the one I set. Later I realized the dangers of the internet and how some people might react to the comments, beliefs and the life styles of others and possibly do even worse.... which has happened many times over since. The kid in my story may or may not have changed but for sure he will always remember what his mistake was. I went to meet a man that needed his __ kicked not a spoiled brat. Once i seen who it was I became even more disgusted and realized the unstoppable affect the internet would have on the generation to come. It felt good to smack that kid around and I'm sure he understood most of what I said.

As far as the Con goes, I imagine many who meet each other in person will have a different attitude toward each other and dare not bring up what started any disagreements that could get them smacked until they return safety back home. I'm a firm believer to how you act here on the internet is who you really are or at least pretend to be like if your really just a coward at heart.  The unknown person or persona that you meet face to face every day is almost always going to be the fake one.

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »

14 years ago when you were 2 many people had no idea how to operate a computer let alone know what dangers the internet had. I grew up like many before you having been taught to respect and honor people, especially my elders. The internet brought faceless people together with other faceless people of all ages. It made it very easy for the ignorant and cowardly of the world to say things to others they would dare not say in public to each other. There was no consequence in doing so unless you were stupid enough to fall into a trap like the one I set. Later I realized the dangers of the internet and how some people might react to the comments, beliefs and the life styles of others and possibly do even worse.... which has happened many times over since. The kid in my story may or may not have changed but for sure he will always remember what his mistake was. I went to meet a man that needed his __ kicked not a spoiled brat. Once i seen who it was I became even more disgusted and realized the unstoppable affect the internet would have on the generation to come. It felt good to smack that kid around and I'm sure he understood most of what I said.

As far as the Con goes, I imagine many who meet each other in person will have a different attitude toward each other and dare not bring up what started any disagreements that could get them smacked until they return safety back home. I'm a firm believer to how you act here on the internet is who you really are or at least pretend to be like if your really just a coward at heart.  The unknown person or persona that you meet face to face every day is almost always going to be the fake one.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

That'll teach you to ask him how old he was.

Tool that's a riot.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
I have a watford gap service station tea bag and I'm going to slip it into Tilts tea pot....muhahaha

evil pure evil   :t

:lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
then buy him a little chief meal as compensation lol
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline ddoug

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:24:08 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »
Absolute sociopaths such as myself play this game.

wtf, 75% of my post disappeared.. I guess only the important bit of information made it.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »
Thanks Fencer .. I had forgotten his name (Dutch) ..was purty funny after the fact, when he opened his bag and explained why he had brought the gun :)

I am still amazed at how perception shifts when someone introduces themselves, and they go from complete stranger to well known person just for mentioning what their Handle is .. I still remember the moment I met Jonathan .. and you .. and Mullah ..and so many others :)

All the conventions were just amazing.

All the flame and smoke online just does not apply, at a Con.
We all have so much in common.
Air Combat draws us.
It *is* the best game in town ..and so much more.
History that we can relive.
We talk the talk and know the moves.
Most of us regard 'Top Gun' as a comedy :)

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:55 AM »

i'm sorry but i find both comments you have made in this post a little disturbing. FIRST off its the INTERNET. let people be who they wanna be, if they want to be liars then let them, but to go as far as finding out where a person lives and then going to their house? smh....i'm sorry but that is just a little over the line IMHO. how old was you exactly that you were pushing some little kid around and where was his mom? cuz if that had been my kid and some dude showed up at my house sayin he was "off the internet" i would have beat you down myself. i have a feeling that this story is full of bull to be honest. was you trying to be seen as a "tough guy"? i dont get why you would even post a comment like this.

and tool...IF you ever actually attended a con or even as we have had for last few years now the dayton get together, you would realize that there ARE alot of great people on some of these games we have came to love and enjoy. i am the same in RL as i am on the game. honesty is the best policy whether people like it or not. you sir have disgusted me by your comments and to be totally honest if you were ever to attend any of the get togethers or cons i would prolly smack you myself.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 03:25:02 AM »
Well said Betty - if anyone from the intardnet came n slapped one of my kids - I'd be less than calm about it (for less than calm, read physical damage would ensue - and no, i'm not a tough guy).

Wurzel

Lynx, that was just nasty.....Watford Gap Tea - sheesh, not sure that actually is tea...... :D :D

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
Not if you ask an Englishman... Barbarians start at Calais, you know.

right after they leave the ferry and head to the nearest French supermarket :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »
When will you guys from the colonies understand that quality beats size anyday.

Remember whose language you speak, remember which European country has never been succesfully invaded for 1000 years and remember who, in living memory, had the greatest empire the world has ever seen.

(que Land of Hope & Glory, the Royal family, Irish pubs, Scots in kilts and all the other tat that attracts yanks in droves if it weren't for the fact they can't pay their mortgages right now).
 ;) ;)

hmmm ...
2008-1000 = 1008

1008<1066

oops :)