Author Topic: 2 monitor setup  (Read 297 times)

Offline james

• Silver Member
2 monitor setup
« on: September 27, 2008, 03:50:41 AM »
Is there a way to have a lower monitor for just the gauges and an upper monitor for the outside views? Got a basic simpit setup and want to get the TrackIR to do its thing on a main monitor at eye level. Want the gauges to be on the dash but non moving when I turn my head. Is this a pipedream or is there something I'm overlooking?
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 2 monitor setup
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:59:36 AM »
Is there a way to have a lower monitor for just the gauges and an upper monitor for the outside views? Got a basic simpit setup and want to get the TrackIR to do its thing on a main monitor at eye level. Want the gauges to be on the dash but non moving when I turn my head. Is this a pipedream or is there something I'm overlooking?

I think it would be possible through software recently announced on this UBB. It would let you configure two displays as one and then all you'd need is to flip the view and set the monitors sideways on top of eachothers.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
james, I know that you can do what you want in MSFS, but I don't know if it can be done in AH. To do it in FS you have to open the gauges in another window and move that window to your second monitor iirc. Something I don't think you can do in AH.

I think you can do a set up like MrRipley is talking about but I believe the views will be slaved together, moving together as you move your view around.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
james, I know that you can do what you want in MSFS, but I don't know if it can be done in AH. To do it in FS you have to open the gauges in another window and move that window to your second monitor iirc. Something I don't think you can do in AH.

I think you can do a set up like MrRipley is talking about but I believe the views will be slaved together, moving together as you move your view around.

Yep they will do that.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »
Ill give it a shot this Monday when I get home. Thanks for the help guys. >
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070