Author Topic: Missions  (Read 414 times)

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
Missions
« on: September 27, 2008, 01:53:43 PM »
I took part in my first mission tonight and it was an absolute blast... It's too bad people don't host more missions. It's so much more fun to take off from the airfield at the same time and launch an organized attack - IMHO.

Are there any benefits to completing missions? Extra perk points or something? I only ask because I want to see more missions in the MA. It's the next best thing to an FSO.

Tim

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Missions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:21:58 PM »
no benefits for completing missions except for the satisfaction of taking part in a group effort. and no extra perk points. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:47:07 PM »
But you DO get the satisfaction of flying with 50 or 60 of your closest buddie :aoks and whacking a v base
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:01:49 AM »
But you DO get the satisfaction of flying with 50 or 60 of your closest buddie :aoks and whacking a v base

50 or 60???  What missions are you flying?  Obviously none that are Rook!    :rofl
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:06:38 AM »
50 or 60???  What missions are you flying?  Obviously none that are Rook!    :rofl

Bish did something like that in LWBlue today, almost all in 110s.  It reset one of my favorite maps. :furious
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »
Bish did something like that in LWBlue today, almost all in 110s.  It reset one of my favorite maps. :furious

Was it a J0KER mission?
"Hello, Newman."

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 02:11:49 AM »
Thanks for the info guys... I imagine there would be more missions posted if there were some benefit. A little later last night I got excited because I saw a mission posted, but I was the only one who joined... I think people underestimate the value of an organized attack like that. All too often I see planes get smacked down (myself included) because we wander out one (sometimes two) at a time and the enemy horde has their way with us.

Guess I'll stick to anxiously checking the Mission status every couple of minutes and annoying the bejesus out of the nits with "anyone wanna post a mission?" until they tire of me...

Tim

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 03:38:06 AM »
I don't underestimate missions,i just don't care about taking basses,I'm just looking for a good fight.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »
Thanks for the info guys... I imagine there would be more missions posted if there were some benefit. A little later last night I got excited because I saw a mission posted, but I was the only one who joined... I think people underestimate the value of an organized attack like that. All too often I see planes get smacked down (myself included) because we wander out one (sometimes two) at a time and the enemy horde has their way with us.

Guess I'll stick to anxiously checking the Mission status every couple of minutes and annoying the bejesus out of the nits with "anyone wanna post a mission?" until they tire of me...

Tim

Or you can create missions yourself. You might not get a huge response in the beginning, but if you show some level of competence in your planning, you might gain a reputation. Just think about the relevance of the target and the types of planes you plan into the mission.

Good Luck :salute

Since you're on Nits you're not going to find alot of missions. There's alot of really good pilots but not that many who are mission oriented from what I have seen. Pigs on the wing are very organized. Was in a mission with them and had a blast. If you ever visit the Bish, look for anything with Falcon23, GHI or Joker. You're sure to have a good time and p*ss people off in the process. :aok