Author Topic: 'Sticky" Button behavior using SideWinder joystick  (Read 235 times)

Offline macerxgp

• Copper Member
'Sticky" Button behavior using SideWinder joystick
« on: September 27, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »
The first time I played AH2, I had no problem for the 2 week trial before I uninstalled it since I was just a kid with no way to pay for a subscription. When I reinstalled a few months ago, I had a horrible stickybutton problem where even though the buttons weren't PHYSICALLY sticky, the game acted as if they were, resulting in constant firing and such. Yes, I'm using an old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. The thing is so old it surprises me every time I look at it and see that its got a USB plug. Is this a problem with AH2, the drivers, the joystick, or should I just get a new stick? (Although I'm probably going to buy a new stack anyway since the sidewinder isn't really compatible with a HOTAS setup seeing as it has a throttle wheel. I'm getting around 200 dollars in mid-October so its not a problem much longer.)
Quote from: Saurdaukar
Operational kettles in August 2009 exceed operational pots by approximately 142%.

Your comparison is invalid.

DeMaskus
357th-Death Dragons

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: 'Sticky" Button behavior using SideWinder joystick
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:06:45 AM »
Go into the Windows control panel and test the buttons to see if the visual cues show them sticking.  You need to calibrate it in Windows anyway.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com