Author Topic: newbie have questions  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: newbie have questions
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »
Nockel, this guy put a good post for better aim:

Info also: firing doesn't slow our planes, I would request that it would, 'momentum' for reason.
Bronk, from other thread, firing weapons did NOT slow my speed in my tests. If anything, it made me faster due to lighter weight. So do shoot freely, even from 800yards, if trying to scare an enemy off a buds tail...

This guy put a good post for flying the 190s.
blah blah blah.
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2008, 04:45:31 AM »

Info also: firing doesn't slow our planes, I would request that it would, 'momentum' for reason.
Bronk, from other thread, firing weapons did NOT slow my speed in my tests. If anything, it made me faster due to lighter weight. So do shoot freely, even from 800yards, if trying to scare an enemy off a buds tail...
Gee.. Spawn a P-47 on a CV (off line ), crack the throttle just enough to keep you from rolling backwards. Now, fire all guns and lemme know what happens.
See Rule #4

Offline Schlowy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »
Nockel, heres one for you, NEVER ASK HTC FOR A SOURCE... 'Intelectual Property' is claimed... YAY!

-----------------

Bronk, all the planes roll backwards when we open the throttle a bit on a carrier deck, its how to manuever them on the carriers. (I didn't start this 'basics mess' it was started when BaldEagle was telling me about the K key for elevator trim.)
*Edit with flaps down and slight throttle, they all roll back. Bullets don't slow us!

-----------------------------------

AckAck, I didn't say I broke the wings, the ailerons on the wings for the 190s... battle damage maybe?
On my account a year ago, even a bird turd falling to the ground would break the 190's ailerons... I think they fixed it, but only after I quit.

Compression?... lies repeated enuf times... have become your facts. Tell me all the physics you want to justify it, but it doesn't seem to justify on the competitors.

No bias here,
IL2 gets 37mm guns and can take off without a bomb... they made a fighter out of it, just like the Mossie...
Stuka gets 7.9mm's and can't see the dash for anything, and can't take off without a bomb, 'smallest bomber.'
Ju88... has 2 guns, back top, and both are 7.9s and can't fire both at the same time... wonderful.
B24's 17's and lancs... fire all day at tail and it still keeps firing back... unlike the ded gunners in luft stuff.

The Ta... I still ask, anyone actually managed to take off in one without breaking it? Most fragile plane in the game. Spend 3days to get it to 30k where its sposed to be the stuff? Its the only thing a ju88 gun could tear up. yay!

Why don't the russian planes engines overheat like they did anyways? Wheres your briliaint(spelling) insight on this Ack Ack, its not accurately modeled in here is it?
I could go on all day listing 'atrocities.'

--------------------

Someone said to me in game one day "I agree with you that the luftwaffe seems screwed in here, but in which ways, be more specific..."
My answer was, "In every way."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:53:51 AM by Schlowy »
if the BoB is proof the spitty was better, then the Battle of Dieppe is proof the 109 was better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieppe_Raid
Shane said in game 'oh the nazi kid' referring to me...
Lynx got in it saying 'yawn' and then calling me 'tw@' again...
I got chat

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2008, 07:02:50 AM »
Man Blowey could you get any fuller? You're gonna reach critical mass any time now!
Let me get this straight, you QUIT but you insist on posting here with an account that's obviously a shade , apparently created solely to troll and BS about a game you NO LONGER PLAY?
If you could actually keep those lonely cells you use for a brain focused for long enough you will notice Bronk said crack the throttle just enough to keep you from rolling backwards
I've had my tail gunners knocked out in all of those buffs you mentioned many, many times.
There are many dedicated and talented Ta sticks in this game. In fact whenever I am at a Rook base and I see that looong wingspan I know it's a Prawn and I know I'm in trouble :lol I don't think I've ever crashed one taking off.
The only atrocity your listing is the failure of your parents to terminate you while they had the chance.

9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »
Why don't the russian planes engines overheat like they did anyways? Wheres your briliaint(spelling) insight on this Ack Ack, its not accurately modeled in here is it?

--------------------

Don't know much but in AH there is no engine management at all as it supposed to be in RL. There is overheat it's just that there is an auto thing that prevents you from totally destroy the engine. I would love to see some restrictions in engine management based on true facts and not this carefree handling, but i know this wont happen cause new players might scared off or get frustrated
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 07:14:47 AM by PanosGR »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:52 AM »

--------------------

Don't know much but in AH there is no engine management at all as it supposed to be in RL. There is overheat it's just that there is an auto thing that prevents you from totally destroy the engine. I would love to see some restrictions in engine management based on true facts and not this carefree handling, but i know this wont happen cause new players might scared off or get frustrated
How HTC View engine manigement.
Rule 1 we are first an acm game.
Engine manigment has nothing to do with acm, when in a fight full rich and max rpm are the norm.
Rule 2 We will not put cockpit complexity in for its own sake, it must add to other elements in the game play.

So what we will be doing with engine manigment will have to do with fuel conservation. We will be changing some engine modling so that rpm and posibly mixture will have a effect on your range of the aircraft, but if you don't wish to bother with changing them everything will fly fine, you will just be waisting gas.

Is like our fuel tanks are modled if you wish to not worry about them the auto mode will take care of them for you.

The extreem example of complixity would be a full engine start sequence where you fliped mag switches , checked throttle setting for start,hit the fuel boust switch extera for a realistic eng start. That type of stuff is just not what the game is about.

HiTech

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2008, 07:41:04 AM »

Recoil force is modeled in AH.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2008, 07:55:26 AM »
SNIP
The only atrocity your listing is the failure of your parents to terminate you while they had the chance.

:rofl

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2008, 08:05:57 AM »
Apologies to Rooks on country from last night  I accidentally set him off  but it was worth 30 minutes of entertainment.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »
Geez - nockel seemingly asked a fairly simple question.  Oh well . . .