Author Topic: Mission rewards.  (Read 946 times)

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
Mission rewards.
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »
I would like to propose a system of rewards to encourage the use of arena missions.

The biggest asset of a massively multiplayer online game such as Aces High II is the community of players and the associated teamwork that the community provides. The squad-based system in place goes a long way toward achieving this goal, although it requires a fair amount of cooperation from a number of people to be effective at any given time (most squads that I've spoken to have only one "squad night" per week - merely anecdotal evidence, to be sure).

The mission system in place is fantastic. It allows a large number of players to mobilize from the same base at the same time. With aircraft, fuel, and weapon loadouts being predetermined, players immediately recognize the strengths and weaknesses of their team and are able to perform their roles more adequately.

I also understand that there are a number of players in Aces High that do not seek the same level of teamwork that I do. For these players the fun is simply engaging in dogfights, tank fights, naval combat, or what have you. Therefore, I think it would be a great asset to the game if there were to be some sort of reward for participating in missions.

The rewards for successfully completing missions could be simple: Perhaps a small boost to the perk-point modifier bonus, or separate statistics tracking of mission results to improve bragging rights. Nobody wants to be the player with no mission stats! Another, more complex possibility could be the institution of an "achievement" system (hey, it's working for XBox360, PS3, and now Steam...). In this scenario, HTC could release a series of missions that psuedo-randomly begin throughout the day and are announced in the SYSTEM chat interface. These missions, once successfully completed, could be displayed proudly as badges or patches (noseart?) for each pilot involved.

My only hope here is to see the mission system in Aces High utilized more frequently, as without the organized team effort I sometimes wonder if I should just be playing IL-2: Sturmovik, or some other "free for all" style game.

I would like to hear what other members of the community think of my proposition, as well as what members of the HTC staff have to say. I have done my best to present an argument that I hope will at least capture the attention of the development staff long enough to think it over.

Thank you very much for your time.
Tim

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Mission rewards.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:23:06 AM »
Hang on!  Let me get some popcorn! :cool:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
Hang on!  Let me get some popcorn! :cool:

Here ya go, .  We got plenty to go around :D.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »
The mission system itself needs work. There's a number of things that have been requested (from skin selection, to takeoffs from multiple bases).

Some of this sounds a bit like what I expect to see from CT....
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 09:45:46 AM »
well the 40th have been talking about doing stuff like that...hopefully get some other squads so we can have some fun  :D
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:36:06 AM »
I fly 'missions' with my squad all the time. We dont use the mission tool but if this 'reward' system you mention but dont outline very clearly is used I want a piece of the pie too!  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bigrich

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »
what would be the rewards upgraded stuff??  :noid
fear the FW-190 D9
And the Butcher Bird(190 A-8)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 10:43:24 AM »
Come on, who's gonna say it first? :noid
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:56:15 AM »
Come on, who's gonna say it first? :noid

Now Anax you are supposed to stay on topic and try to contribute on topic too.  :D  :devil

FSX has mission rewards!  :D Little badges that go in your pilot records and trophies and postcards and stuff!  :huh
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:58:26 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »
A shame. I really thought there would be more interest in something like this.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »
Most people are deterred by a long post.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
And many don't see any reason to give NOE hording missions a reward.  There!  I said it! :devil
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
But if we had an HE-111.... :D
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »
Nobody wants to be the player with no mission stats!
I have no problem being that player.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »
And many don't see any reason to give NOE hording missions a reward.  There!  I said it! :devil

Cruel little man. :lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV