Author Topic: Ground Hit Sprites AH vs EAW??  (Read 122 times)

chief-

Ground Hit Sprites AH vs EAW??
« on: October 10, 1999, 10:51:00 AM »
     Was just wondering if the ground hit sprites were going to be worked on any?
     Perhaps some of the best Ive ever seen is in European Air War, the rounds dont just right angle away from the targets, they actually curve and tumble away
     When a round hits something it is want to tumble and ricochette from that point on..very rarely does it ricochette at right angles, but curves and tumbles away. (shot a few MG rounds at the range in my time)
     So was wondering if these were going to be worked on anytime soon?  
     The little things may seem trivial, for instance.  I never really thought flight control surfaces moving were a big thing to model, but man does it add to the immersion of the flight now, not to mention giving closure to what your hands are doing to the stick through to the plane...hard to put my finger on it..but it makes more sense now?

UH1 Chief

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
Ground Hit Sprites AH vs EAW??
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 1999, 12:01:00 PM »
Also a great 'eye candy' addition to ground bullet strikes would be to make 3 or 4 different strike sprites (ie. dirt flying up).  I think the tracers and strikes are way cool but all of the hits looking the same feels kind of generic.  Adding variable ground strike sprites would make strafing runs ultra sweet to experience.  

Just diddling with the details  

------------------
~Lt. Jg. Windle~

VF-17 The Jolly Rogers 8X

Skychrgr@aol.com