Author Topic: Boot Camp ribbon  (Read 176 times)

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
Boot Camp ribbon
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
Iv earned an aptitude ribbon earlier this weeken at Jr. Naval boot camp on water survival.

Made a life jacket outta my pants...
we were taught how to make life preserves out of our pants by  tieing the legs together and putting air into the pants making it buoyant then wearing it like a preserve.

most marines and navel cadets did well up to the part with the knot ties. The part with getting air in to make it float caused had a bit of delay.
All of em threw it over there heads into the water for a little air to start with, then tried scooping air into it to make it slowly more buoyant. That was too fricken slow and said the heck with it, so i held my breath went under and blew air up into it. i got done first in about 30 seconds then won another water event at racing that same day..  :D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boot Camp ribbon
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:18:23 PM »
Yer Marine material. Adapt & Improvise.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:36:36 PM »
Don't idly blow off that training either.  Water survival skills have saved my bellybutton several times.

Err, that is to say.  Water Survival skills have made it so that I don't have to be completely rescued from my own incompetence.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »
Err, that is to say.  Water Survival skills have made it so that I don't have to be completely rescued from my own incompetence.

You could easily be eating these words in the future.   We're all mortal.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
You could easily be eating these words in the future.   We're all mortal.   

It wouldn't be fun if I knew you wouldn't hold it against me.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
I remember doing that in Boy Scouts. It was for either Swimming or Life Saving. It's been a couple years so I don't remember exactly which one it was.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.