Author Topic: proud new owner..  (Read 1397 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
proud new owner..
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »
of a BMW 135i.  Dang is it fun little car.  It is my first bimmer...I had a Lexus IS300.  I do not believe I shall ever go back to Lexus after test driving the IS250/250 and the 135i and 335i.  There is just no comparison in the "drive" between the lexus and BMW.  my opinion anyways.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Re: proud new owner..
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »
I love my 325is (and my jeep too!)  BMW makes a high quality car... Mine was actually made in West Germany

EDIT: Forgot to say... CONGRATS!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:23:07 PM by Mr No Name »
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:23:55 PM »
made in Germany! just like Sham-Wow!

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:44:28 AM »
I'd love to own one of these:

I'd ditch the silly gangster wheels shown on that one, but it would be a dream to drive.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 04:51:01 AM »
of a BMW 135i.  Dang is it fun little car.  It is my first bimmer...I had a Lexus IS300.  I do not believe I shall ever go back to Lexus after test driving the IS250/250 and the 135i and 335i.  There is just no comparison in the "drive" between the lexus and BMW.  my opinion anyways.

My brother in law has one of those and he loves it. Lots of fun without going broke at the pump  :aok

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »
:salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
Congrats.

It may be faster, but you still can't follow me  :devil

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
I have an 85 BMW 325E the million mile car, at the moment it has only 109,000 miles.  Some time this weekend I am going to be pulliing the speedometer board out and soldering the connections back together so the darn thing will work.  Also, anyone have an idea of how to fix the calipers on these cars?

Arian

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »
ill stick with my yzf-r1  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
and my ZX-14
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »
I was looking at getting one of those after field training. But I wanted the 135i, and thats a weeee bit outa my price range as an AFROTC cadet haha. So I think Ill just the Camaro SS with an RS package when it comes out since Ill get military discount, GM Employee pricing, and I have a few grand saved up on ma GM card.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:49 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I'd ditch the silly gangster wheels shown on that one, but it would be a dream to drive.

You have good taste in cars Xasthur!  :aok

I Got a black 03 M5...  Best car I have ever owned.  I would love to have a 06-07 soon, another 100hp would be fun.  Just haven't got comfortable with the new 5 series body style, but its growing on me with time.

PS- Whoever put those horrible looking wheels in that M5 needs to have the car taken away and given a H2.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
I was looking at getting one of those after field training. But I wanted the 135i, and thats a weeee bit outa my price range as an AFROTC cadet haha. So I think Ill just the Camaro SS with an RS package when it comes out since Ill get military discount, GM Employee pricing, and I have a few grand saved up on ma GM card.

Take some advice from someone who's seen hundreds of Lt's do just that...

Get a used car first.  Make it a really nice used car if necessary, but spend *half* or less of what you would otherwise spend on your ideal first new car.  Beat the hell out of your used car until you make Capt, and then buy something really nice.

I drove a beater until my O-3 promotion and since then I've never had any problems with money simply because I waited a few years before buying the car I really wanted.  By the time I met my wife, I owned a house, owned my car outright, had been maxing my non-taxable retirement investments for years, and had a year's salary available to do dumb/fun stuff like buy a big engagement ring and go on a 10-day Hawaii honeymoon, without putting any of it on credit.  If I'd bought my dream car a few years earlier instead of driving a beater for a few years, I have no doubt I'd have been in a lot worse shape financially.

My personal suggestion - Buy a 2000-2002 Camaro Z-28 or SS.  You can get one heck of a nice car for under $10,000 and it'll still beat most mustangs on the road today (and will still beat ANY factory stock mustang on a road track).  Yea it's only 4th gen but the LS-1 engine is bulletproof and has far more power than you'll need.  And if you want more power, you can easily add another 100-200 hp for around $4,000 and put a few grand into the suspension or detailing, and have a car that will beat the living crap out of a new camaro for less than half the price.

Another good option is to buy a previous-gen corvette.  They're fast, sexy, will cost less, and will grossly outperform the new camaro.

Or buy the new car and be yet another poor Lt, but don't complain when you meet the future Mrs. superpug and have to explain why you need to get an 18% signature loan in order to buy a sub-scale engagement ring because your Lt pay has been eaten up by a new car payment.

Just wait a few years, and you'll be happy you did.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

those might be considered gangster to Aussi's but in California their the shizz.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »
Take some advice from someone who's seen hundreds of Lt's do just that...

Get a used car first.  Make it a really nice used car if necessary, but spend *half* or less of what you would otherwise spend on your ideal first new car.  Beat the hell out of your used car until you make Capt, and then buy something really nice.

I drove a beater until my O-3 promotion and since then I've never had any problems with money simply because I waited a few years before buying the car I really wanted.  By the time I met my wife, I owned a house, owned my car outright, had been maxing my non-taxable retirement investments for years, and had a year's salary available to do dumb/fun stuff like buy a big engagement ring and go on a 10-day Hawaii honeymoon, without putting any of it on credit.  If I'd bought my dream car a few years earlier instead of driving a beater for a few years, I have no doubt I'd have been in a lot worse shape financially.

My personal suggestion - Buy a 2000-2002 Camaro Z-28 or SS.  You can get one heck of a nice car for under $10,000 and it'll still beat most mustangs on the road today (and will still beat ANY factory stock mustang on a road track).  Yea it's only 4th gen but the LS-1 engine is bulletproof and has far more power than you'll need.  And if you want more power, you can easily add another 100-200 hp for around $4,000 and put a few grand into the suspension or detailing, and have a car that will beat the living crap out of a new camaro for less than half the price.

Another good option is to buy a previous-gen corvette.  They're fast, sexy, will cost less, and will grossly outperform the new camaro.

Or buy the new car and be yet another poor Lt, but don't complain when you meet the future Mrs. superpug and have to explain why you need to get an 18% signature loan in order to buy a sub-scale engagement ring because your Lt pay has been eaten up by a new car payment.

Just wait a few years, and you'll be happy you did.

My advice is to lease one. My father in law buys 2 new Mercedes every 2 years (600 series) He just offered his old  600 S with 35.000 miles for $50 K. It's black and in perfect condition. Dam thing lost $100G in 2 years . Now that's an investment  :rock