Author Topic: I should be voting for osamabinbiden.  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: I should be voting for osamabinbiden.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
I mearly stated that I agree with lazs that I wouldn't want the entire US looking like those cities because they are dirty, stinking, cespools. Been to those cities and my discription is pretty accurate in my opinion. I prefer clean streets, mowed yards, and no trash lying around all over the place. Detroit sure isn't like that. Stayed at the Hilton in downtown Detroit for a few days and as soon as you walk out the door of that place all you see is trash in streets, let alone driving 2 minutes up the road and seeing burned out, boarded up buildings and homes. Now my time in Chicago is limited to driving through on numerous occasions, but the view from the highways all around Chicago is pretty disturbing as well. Now a major city I have visited on several occasions that actually impressed me, was San Diego. I've been all over that place and for the most part I found it to be fairly clean. Seattle is anouther major city that I find appealing.

I ALSO said I'd leave it up to YOU to figure out how they got that way.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »
Fair enough Hornet... fair enough.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »
lasz, take this mini-test

http://www.myspace.com/mydebates

Once you finish it you'll be sure who to vote for :aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »
well... took it..  mostly I did not agree with either candidate except for the few that I agreed with Mccain..  I found no area that I agreed with osamabinbiden....

Still..   It's not about morality.. it is about who is gonna give me the most of everyone elses stuff.

now.. you guys that think I like Palin only because she looks great.

She looks great.. she shoots stuff and likes guns.   She wants to drill everywhere for the oil we need and likes nuke plants..  Her husband races.    She is not from chicago.

dyno...  I think you just called me a racist.   I think that is what you do when people bring up facts you don't like.   

My girlfriend and grand daughter are of mexican decent.   I would pass a law right now to throw employers of illegals in jail for a mandatory year..  Does this make me a racist?

I don't want to live with the lowest form of humanity in the inner city.. does that make me a racist?     I don't think negro's are particularly attractive.. I don't have any desire to date em.....that is personal choice. 

I believe that you use the term racist so much that you don't even know what it means anymore.. if you ever did.

lazs 

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »

I don't want to live with the lowest form of humanity in the inner city.. does that make me a racist?     I don't think negro's are particularly attractive.. I don't have any desire to date em.....that is personal choice. 

I believe that you use the term racist so much that you don't even know what it means anymore.. if you ever did.

lazs 

No, you may not be racist, though your words could be construed as such by some... you are however, extremely out of touch.  No wonder you like the old guy so much.

Negro is a term referring to people of Black African ancestry. Prior to the shift in the lexicon of American and worldwide classification of race and ethnicity in the late 1960s, the appellation was accepted as a normal neutral formal term both by those of Black African descent as well as non-African blacks. Now it is often considered an ethnic slur[1][2][3] although the term is considered archaic and is not common as a racist slur.

Still using words common to the 50's.  Wow.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
I have a question. If they aren't negro, then what are they because African American isn't even proper English. I'm not Caucasian American. I'm white and happen to be an American. Also if negro is bad, then why hasn't the United NEGRO College Fund changed their name?

I could care less either way but if someone wants to accuse/consider Lazs, myself, or anyone else for that matter a racist for using the word negro, then why is it alright for two negors to talk to each other in front of me and drop the N bomb every other word? I personaly find it offensive, yet if I were to do it.....look out. Why the double standard? If a negro calls me a cracker and I call them a racists for that, all of a sudden I would be doubly accused of being a racist for even considering the person who called me a cracker a racist.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline gunnss

• Nickel Member
      • https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 03:31:05 PM »
I don't

Kevin

don't most civil servants vote democrat anyhow?
5,486 HP 110 MPH @500 tons
My other "ride"
http://nmslrhs.org/Photos/photos.php
Alt History, The butterfly made me do it.....
https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 04:07:41 PM »
I have a question. If they aren't negro, then what are they because African American isn't even proper English. I'm not Caucasian American. I'm white and happen to be an American. Also if negro is bad, then why hasn't the United NEGRO College Fund changed their name?

I could care less either way but if someone wants to accuse/consider Lazs, myself, or anyone else for that matter a racist for using the word negro, then why is it alright for two negors to talk to each other in front of me and drop the N bomb every other word? I personaly find it offensive, yet if I were to do it.....look out. Why the double standard? If a negro calls me a cracker and I call them a racists for that, all of a sudden I would be doubly accused of being a racist for even considering the person who called me a cracker a racist.
In what kind of a society could two people live their whole lives within ten miles of each other and having never met in person tell the color of the other's skin by their dialect over the telephone?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »

I hope the bold face I noted was a typo.  Otherwise, NOW you are a racist.

I accused no one of being racist.  Out of touch, yes.  I simply stated the fact of the matter.  Your inate need to defend yourself so intricately is noted.
Negro is no longer a neutral word as it was in the 50's and 60's.  Why UNCF hasn't changed its' name, probably stems from the fact that it was founded in 1944, when the word "negro" was accepted, and prior to the word being slurred into a gross malformation of its' root german word "neger".  Hence why, this quote is now standard definiton of the word.  Please note the difference between "ethnic slur" and "racist slur".

Negro is a term referring to people of Black African ancestry. Prior to the shift in the lexicon of American and worldwide classification of race and ethnicity in the late 1960s, the appellation was accepted as a normal neutral formal term both by those of Black African descent as well as non-African blacks. Now it is often considered an ethnic slur[1][2][3] although the term is considered archaic and is not common as a racist slur..

The throwing of insults by both races is only overshadowed by the ignorance contained within each.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:29:51 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »
In what kind of a society could two people live their whole lives within ten miles of each other and having never met in person tell the color of the other's skin by their dialect over the telephone
A society where the two groups don't intermingle, thus they don't share cultural characteristics in common, including speech dialects, despite living in close proximity to each other.  The two groups are probably prejudiced towards the other, but not necessarily, as in Amish compared to their surrounding populations.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »
Indeed. That's like saying don't vote for Palin, because you don't want to live like an Alaskan.

Chicago is a very large city. It is the home to many major companies. While the rest of the midwest is a mixed bag, and cities in Michigan and Ohio are doing quite badly (Dayton and Toledo, OH are turning into ghost towns. Detroit is largely vacant.) Chicago is growing.

Daley wants to get the 2016 Olympics. John Madden told the country last night that Chicago was the "finest city in America" and "his favorite place".

Really - you'll have to do better than the murder rate per capita, highly skewed by a violent set of neighborhoods on the south and west sides of the city.

Last I heard Chicago's population was shrinking and moving to Indiana.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
I thought lazs's big concern was always guns...but don't democrats know that it's a political suicude  if they try to do something related to 2nd amendment and firearms?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 07:32:11 PM »
In what kind of a society could two people live their whole lives within ten miles of each other and having never met in person tell the color of the other's skin by their dialect over the telephone?

+5

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 07:36:45 PM »
I thought lazs's big concern was always guns...but don't democrats know that it's a political suicude  if they try to do something related to 2nd amendment and firearms?

Do moths know that the flame is suicide?

... which forces the point, democrats are expected to be as dumb as bugs.

How else could Biden's moronic rhetoric get a pass and Palin's get front page?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »
Disrespecting these colors is what sold me long ago.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus