Author Topic: Wild Wednesday - Battlefield Earth DVD prize winner?  (Read 131 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Wild Wednesday - Battlefield Earth DVD prize winner?
« on: January 23, 2002, 10:35:58 PM »
I had to leaver early, so who won SirLoin's price, Tac or Kappa?

I most point out that I only lost because I got a bunch of .join requests and got gangabanged by alt dweebs

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 11:02:51 PM »
I get the honor of receiving the DVD =) :)

Sirloin is very cool doing this.

Dunno which one im getting, but ill look around. I have one in mind but its anime (related to WW2). But I will shop for a P-38 stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions? P-38?

So far im considering:

World War II - The Lost Color Archives

Gun Camera Footage of WW2

Grave of the Fireflies  (anime)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2002, 11:38:03 PM by Tac »

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 11:32:30 PM »
Ahhh, Battlefield Earth.  The poor human slaves are enslaved by evil corporate race who want to profit from the natural resources their planet is rich in.  They band together and assault the evil, technologically superior enemy.  The enemy makes the mistake of teaching them how to use their technology.  So they use the education of their enemy against them.  They attack the high-tech building that represents their enslavement.  A bomb isn't enough.  So one of the guys whom the enemy taught how to fly takes a plane and crashes into the building, causing it to collapse.  Then they get another suicide pilot to take a nuke to the enemy and wipe out their whole race.

Frankly, I think Liberals and Conservatives can agree that the scientologists must be rooted out of their hiding places and subjected to secret military tribunals.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2002, 11:41:11 PM »
The book sucked, all 2000+ pages of it. The movie is even worse.

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 01:02:41 AM »
there's a couple of movies out called "Hunters Of The Skys" (i think thats the name"

they cover every theater of WWII air combat. seen an advertisment on the History Channel. they seem to be pretty interesting. tons of gun cam footage and lots of interviews with pilots from europe, america, japan...

looked to be some great viewing

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 05:14:10 PM »
Battlefield Earth is the fourth film on the list for the 24 hour B-Fest  I'm going to attend at Northwestern this weekend. I haven't seen it yet and was wondering if it was as bad as the reviews said it was. I was assured by a buddy that it indeed sucked so bad it was hilarious and worthy of B-Fest fame :) I know the book was a pain to suffer through at some point in the early 80s.

For a mind bending camp-o-rama try to find Greaser's Palace sometimes. I really can't explain except to say Sidney the psych. from MASH as funky, hanggliding, singing dancing, keep on truckin looking Jesus in the old west with toilet humor, Toni Brasil topless on horseback as an indian princess and a VERY young Robert Downey Jr (his father directed) playing the child of a woman who goes through a series of unexlained job-like tragadies. Truly stunning (as in fish and billy club), even for a seasoned b-fest crowd.

Charon
« Last Edit: January 24, 2002, 05:20:19 PM by Charon »

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 06:04:00 PM »
I rather liked the book...the movie sucked bad though...